Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. India, Japan ink pacts on bullet train, civil nuclear energy
1. Taking their robust bilateral ties to a new level, India and Japan inked a number of pacts in key areas of defence and nuclear energy as well as building of first bullet train network between Mumbai-Ahmedabad at a cost of about Rs. 98,000 crore.
2. The strategic pacts were inked after the summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe during which they also discussed international and regional issues of mutual importance including UN security reforms.
3. The bullet train network will link the India’s financial hub Mumbai with Ahmedabad, the capital of Modi’s home state, Gujarat. Bullet train between the two cities will cut travel time on the 505 kilometre route from eight hours to around three. The approx. cost of the project is estimated to be around Rs. 98,000 crore.
4. The two sides also inked agreements — one concerning the Transfer of Defence Equipment and Technology and another related to Security Measures for Protection of Classified Military Information.
2. NGT bans registration of new diesel-run vehicles in Delhi
1. National Green Tribunal (NGT) has ordered ban on registration of new diesel-run vehicles in Delhi to curb the growing menace of air pollution in the capital city.
2. This ruling was given by NGT bench headed by Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar and also questioned Delhi government’s odd-even formula for vehicles to check pollution in the city.
3. Varanasi and Jaipur designated as members of UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network
1. Two Indian cities for first time have been designated as members of UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network (UCCN).
2. Varanasi City (Uttar Pradesh): It has been added in the City of Craft category of network.
3. Jaipur City (Rajasthan): It has been added in the City of Music category of network. It was announced by UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova.
4. They are among the 47 cities from 33 countries that have been designated as new members of UNESCO Creative Cities Network.
4. Salman Rushdie awarded 2015 Mailer Prize for Lifetime Achievement
1. India-born author Salman Rushdie has been awarded the prestigious 2015 Mailer Prize for Lifetime Achievement. He has been bestowed with this award for fully exercising his freedom of creativity and thrived on dialogue and debate.
2. He was presented with this award by Laurie Anderson at a ceremony held at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York City.
5. Indian cyclist Deborah Herold became World No. 4 Cyclist
1. Indian cyclist Deborah Herold became the first Indian female cyclist to be ranked fourth in the World Elite Women Ranking for the 500m time trial event. The ranking was issued by cycling world body International Cycling Union (UCI).
2. Besides, the Indian team also improved its world ranking to 13th. India is the highest ranking Asian country in 500m time trial. China fetched the 15th spot in the ranking.
6. Myanmar launched its first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Inle Lake
1. Myanmar launched its first UNSECO Biosphere Reserve Inle Lake in Shan state. The Inle Lake was designated as UNESCO Biosphere reserve in Paris in June 2015.With this, Myanmar fulfilled its commitment to bio-diversity and eco-system conservation under the UNESCO’s Man and Biosphere Prorgamme.
2. The inscription of Inle Lake as one of the world natural heritage sites by the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) came after that of Myanmar's three Pyu ancient cities in June 2014.
7. Wipro won 2015 Aegis Graham Bell Award for innovation in IoT
1. Global software giant Wipro announced that it won the 2015 Aegis Graham Bell Award for developing a solution for the Internet of Things (IoT).
2. Wipro’s IoT solution, Universal Data Parser (UDP), fetched the prestigious award.