Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. RBI extended deadline to exchange pre-2005 notes to 30 June 2016
1. The Reserve Bank of India on 23 December 2015 extended the deadline for exchanging pre-2005 currency notes of various denominations by another six months to 30 June 2016.
2. The decision to extend the deadline was notified by the apex bank in a statement issued in Mumbai. RBI in an official statement said that the notes can be exchanged for their full value. It has also clarified that all such notes continue to remain legal tender.
3. Soliciting cooperation from members of public in withdrawing these banknotes, it also urged them to deposit the old design notes in their bank accounts or exchange them at a bank branch convenient to them.
4. Earlier on 25 June 2015, the Reserve Bank had set the last date for public to exchange pre-2005 banknotes notes as 31 December 2015.
2. India’s first indigenously designed & built warship INS Godavari decommissioned
1. India’s first indigenously designed and built warship Indian Navy Service (INS) Godavari was decommissioned in Naval Dockyard Mumbai. It was commissioned into the Navy on 10 December 1983.
2. With her decommissioning, INS Godavari (F-20) will complete its full life cycle, meeting all responsibilities and duties assigned, proving the success of Indian ship design and construction.
It was the lead ship of her class of three guided-missile frigates of the Indian Navy. The other two warships are INS Ganga and INS Gomati.
3. Dr. Rakesh K. Jain selected for 2015 National Medal of Science
1. Indian American professor Dr. Rakesh K. Jain has been selected for 2015 National Medal of Science of the United States. 2. He will be presented this top award along with 16 other winners by President Barack Obama at a White House ceremony in January 2016. All of them were chosen for this award for their individual achievement and leadership in advancing the fields of science and technology
4. North India's first cable bridge inaugurated at Basohali town of J&K
1. The Basohali town which is located in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir was in news as the Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar dedicated the first cable-stayed bridge of North India to the nation.
2. Key details related to Basohli Cable-Bridge
• The 592-metre bridge was constructed over river Ravi on Dunera- Basohli-Bhadharwah road.
• It would provide close connectivity between three northern states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab.
• It is fourth of its kind in India and first in North India and Jammu and Kashmir.
• It was constructed by Border Roads Organization (BRO) at a cost of 145 crore rupees.
5. Indian Navy conducts large scale fleet exercise on eastern seaboard
1. Indian Navy has conducted a large scale Fleet exercise on the eastern seaboard to maintain high levels of combat readiness and counter emerging threats. The exercises were conducted across a vast geographical area on the eastern seaboard extending from Northern Bay of Bengal to Andaman Sea.
2. In this large scale naval exercise as many as 24 ships, over 10 aircraft and 2 submarines participated. The exercise fleet included the nuclear submarine Chakra as well as units from India’s strategic Andaman and Nicobar Command.
6. 24th December: National Consumer Day
1. In India, 24th December is being observed as National Consumer Day. On this day the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had received the assent of the President. The enactment of this Act was considered as a historic milestone in the consumer movement in the country.
2. This Act aims to provide consumers with effective safeguards against different types of exploitation such as defective goods, unsatisfactory services and unfair trade practices. This day provides an opportunity for individuals to highlight the importance of the consumer movement and the need to make every consumer more aware of their rights and responsibilities. It should be also noted that World Consumer Rights Day is observed on 15th March every year.
7. Idea became third mobile operator to launch 4G services in India
1. Idea Cellular became the third mobile operator in India to launch 4G services in India. Earlier, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone India had launched 4G services in India.
2. Idea, the third largest mobile operator in terms of revenue and subscriber base, launched the 4G services across 75 towns in the 4 telecom circles of South India, namely Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
3. Idea customers with 4G devices in these 75 towns can now start experiencing superfast speeds by simply upgrading their existing SIM cards to new 4G SIM cards.The company intends to roll out of 4G Services in 6 more Telecom service areas from January to March 2016 and seeks to expand 4G footprint to 750 towns by June 2016 across 10 Telecom circles.