Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. India, Russia ink 16 pacts to expand cooperation in various sectors
1. India and Russia have inked 16 cooperation agreements to expand cooperation in various sectors to give a major push to their strategic ties. These agreements were signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s two days official visit to Russia. The agreements were signed in the nuclear energy, hydrocarbons, solar energy, railways and visas sectors.
2. Some of the signed agreements are
i. Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Helicopter Engineering: It includes joint manufacture of Kamov 226 helicopters on the lines of Make in India campaign.
ii. Programme of Action Agreed Between for Localization of Manufacturing in India for Russian-Designed Nuclear Reactor Units: It would felicitate construction of 12 atomic plants with involvement of local companies in India under the ‘Make-in-India’ programme. The cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy is a cornerstone of the Russia-India strategic partnership. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on technical cooperation in railway sector
iii. MoU for construction of solar energy plants in India: It was signed between Solar Energy Corporation of India and Russian Energy Agency regarding. MoU for Cooperation for geologic survey, exploration and production of hydrocarbons onshore and on the continental shelf of the Russian Federation. Similar agreement was also signed between Rosneft Oil Company of Russia and Oil India Limited and Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
2. 25th December: National Good Governance Day
1. In India, National Good Governance Day is being observed every year on 25th December on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna recipient Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
2. In order to mark the occasion of this day on the 91st birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee several programmes were organized nationwide and new initiatives were announced. It should be noted that this day is also being observed as Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Divas.
3. UN designates 5th November as World Tsunami Awareness Day
1. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has adopted a resolution to designate 5th November every year as World Tsunami Awareness Day.
2. The observance of the day would help to spread awareness among people across the world in matters related to the dangers of tsunami and shall stress on the importance of early warning systems in order to mitigate damage from the devastating natural calamity. The proposal in this regard was first mooted by the Government of Japan after the 3rd UN Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai (Japan) in March 2015. Japan had suffered heavy losses as a result of tsunamis in the past and the most recently Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami on 11 March 2011. It had claimed over 15,000 lives and also had disrupted the nuclear power industry and left many thousands homeless.
4. Former Wicket-Keeper Syed Kirmani nominated for 2015 Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award
1. Former Indian Wicket-Keeper was on 24 December 2015 nominated for the 2015 Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.A decision in this regard was taken at a meeting of the Col. CK Nayudu Awards Committee. The meeting was held at the BCCI’s headquarters in Mumbai.
2. The committee consists of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Shashank Manohar, Hon. Secretary Anurag Thakur and N Ram (Chairman of Kasturi & Sons Limited and Publisher of The Hindu).
3. Kirmani represented India at the international level between 1976 and 1986. His record includes 160 catches and 38 stumpings in tests and 27 catches and 9 stumpings in ODIs.
5. Reliance Defence partnered with Russia’s AlmazAntey for Air Defence Missile Systems
1. Reliance Defence of Reliance Infrastructure Limited on 24 December 2015 entered into a partnership with Russia’s AlmazAntey for producing Air Defence Missile Systems.
2. A corporate agreement in this regard was signed on the sidelines of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s two-day state visit to Russia.
6. Veteran actress Sadhana passes away in Mumbai
1. Yesteryear Hindi film actress Sadhana, known for popularising the fashionable Sadhana cut (fringe haircut), passed away in Mumbai at the age of 74
2. Known for memorable films, such as Love in Shimla, Parakh, Waqt, Woh Kaun Thi, Mera Saaya, Geeta Mera Naam among others, Sadhana was known for her on-screen simple looks as well glamour quotient, and is closely associated with some of the most memorable Hindi film songs during the 1960s.
7. Modi inaugurates Afghan parliament building
1. Prime Minister Narendra on Friday inaugurated the parliament building in Kabul, which was built by India.
2. The parliament building, that was started in 2009 has missed its completion deadlines at least 3 times since 2011, and has gone over-budget by double the original costing of $45 million.