Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Indian Oil Corp tops in 2015 Fortune 500 companies in India list
1. State-run Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has emerged as the country’s biggest company in terms of annual revenue as per an annual list of 2015 Fortune 500 companies in India. IOC topped the list for consecutive sixth year with annual revenue of Rs. 4,51,911 crore. IOC was followed by Mukesh Ambani-led private sector Reliance Industries at the second place with a revenue of Rs. 3,82,565 crore.
Top 5 companies are
Indian Oil Corp (IOC):4,51,911 crore annual revenue.
Reliance Industries: Rs 3,82,565 crore annual revenue.
Tata Motors: Rs 2,67,025 crore annual revenue. It has jumped to third slot from fifth place in 2014.
State Bank of India (SBI): Rs 2,57,289 crore annual revenue. It was ranked sixth in 2014.
Bharat Petroleum (BPCL): Rs 2,40,367 crore annual revenue. In 2014, it was placed at the third spot.
2. Indian-origin man starts own political party in Britain
1. An Indian-origin corporate banking worker has set up his own political party and called for Britain to throw open its borders
2. Harjinder Singh, a former UK Independence Party (UKIP) candidate for Birmingham's Perry Barr constituency, has set up the Open Borders Party as he disagrees vehemently with his former Eurosceptic party's immigration policy
3. China officially ends three-decade-old one child policy
1. China officially junked its controversial one child policy, allowing couples to have a second child amid deepening demographic crisis of shrinking workforce and ageing population in the world's second largest economy.
2. Chinese lawmakers passed a historic decision allowing all couples to have two children from January 1, ending its over three and half decades old policy that prevented over 400 million births in the country.
4.World Bank to give $35mn to Pakistan for Indus River Basin
1. The World Bank has approved an additional financial assistance to Pakistan of $35 million to support improved management, planning and development of water resources in the Indus River Basin in Pakistan.
2.This $35 million is in addition to the $38 million given earlier towards improvement of water resources management in the Indus River system.
5. Kusal Perera faces 4-year ban
1. Sri Lankan wicketkeeper Kusal Perera is facing the prospect of a four-year ban after his B sample tested positive for a banned substance.
2.The ICC has informed that he faces a four-year ban, as his urine sample was tested positive in Qatar after the ICC had originally found it contained banned substance.
3. Consequently Perera had to drop out of Sri Lanka's current tour of New Zealand. Sri Lanka lost the series 0-2. Perera is Sri Lanka's second player to flunk a dope test. Left-hander batsman Upul Tharanga was suspended for three months after testing positive for a banned substance during the 2011 World Cup.
6. Amway India announced Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar as its brand ambassador to promote Nutrilite range
1. Amway India CEO Anshu Budhraja in her statement said that they needed a strong and credible face who could help people understand the role of supplementation in addition to balanced diet and exercise as part of leading a healthy lifestyle, that's why Farhan Akhtar was an obvious choice.
2.Nutrilite is a leading brand of vitamins and dietary supplements. The brand contributes more than 50 per cent of Amway India’s turnover.