Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
1. Singapore replaces Mauritius as top source of FDI into India
1. Singapore has replaced Mauritius as the top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India during the first half of the current fiscal year 2015-16. It was unveiled by the data during April to September 2015 period released by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).2. India has attracted 6.69 billion dollars FDI from Singapore while it received 3.66 billion dollars from Mauritius. Highest foreign investment sector wise : Computer software and hardware (3.05 billion dollars), trading (2.30 billion dollars), services and automobile (1.46 billion dollars each) and telecommunications (659 million dollars).
2. India-Russia joint naval exercise INDRA NAVY-15 begins in Visakhapatnam
The eighth edition of India-Russia joint naval exercise-INDRA . NAVY-15 has begun in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. INDRA NAVY-15 is a bilateral maritime joint naval exercise between the Indian and Russian navies for epitomising the strategic relationship between the two countries.
2.The primary aim is to increase interoperability between the navies of two countries and develop common understanding of procedures for maritime security operations. The scope includes wide- ranging professional interactions during the Harbour phase and spectrum of maritime operations during the Sea Phase. The Harbour Phase encompasses planning conferences ashore and table-top exercises prior to progressing to sea. The Sea Phase would include various facets of fleet operations.
3. India, Pakistan holds NSA level talks in Bangkok
1. National Security Advisor (NSA) level talks between India and Pakistan were held in Bangkok, Thailand. It was attended by India’s NSA Ajit Doval and his Pakistani counterpart Naseer Khan Janjua. Foreign secretaries S. Jaishankar (India) and Aziz Ahmad Chaudhary (Pakistan) were also present during the high level meet.
2. Both sides in the meeting discussed peace and security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir and other issues including tranquility along the Lince of Control. The dialogue mainly covered issues of key interest to both countries including terrorism for India and the Kashmir dispute for Pakistan.
4. Ministry of Railways flagged off first double decker Goa-Mumbai train
1. Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off the first Goa to Mumbai double-decker Shatabdi train through video conference from Panaji, Goa.
2. The fully air-conditioned double-decker train is the first-of-its-kind in India.
3. Highlights of the first double decker Goa-Mumbai train
• The train will run thrice a week between Margao and the Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) in Mumbai.
• The double decker train will cover the distance in around 12 hours.
• It has eight compartments with a seating capacity of 120 in each compartment.
5. Australia defeated Belgium to win Hockey World League Final
1. Australia defeated Belgium by 2-1 to win 2014-2015 Men’s Hockey World League Final, which was held at Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Stadium, Raipur.
2. India defeated world number two and defending champions Netherlands by 3-2 in the penalty shoot-out, and clinched the bronze medal in the tournament.
6. Armed Forces Flag Day observed across India
1. Armed Forces Flag Day was observed across India on 7 December 2015. The Day is celebrated all over India in order to collect the funds from people all around the country for the wellbeing of the staff of the Indian Armed Forces.
2. On the occasion of Flag Day, the Indian Army, the Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy arrange a variety of shows, carnivals, dramas and other entertainment programmes to showcase the efforts of their personnel to ensure national security.
7. Union Government releases commemorative coins on Dr B R Ambedkar
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released 2 commemorative coins on Dr B R Ambedkar as part of the 125th birth anniversary year celebrations of the architecture of Indian Constitution.
2. The coins are of 10 rupee and 125 rupee denomination and were issued on the 60th Mahaparinirvan Divas of Babasaheb Ambedkar. The Union government is celebrating 125th birth anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar in the year 2015.
3. The objective of yearlong celebrations is to make the world aware about the life and the work of legendary social reformer who is often considered as a champion of the underprivileged. 4. Earlier in July 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had chaired the first meeting of the National Committee on Nationwide Celebration of 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. In September 2015, Union Communications and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad had released a commemorative postal stamp on Dr. Ambedkar.
8. World Bank launches $500 million Transformative Carbon Asset Facility
1. The World Bank has launched a $500 million dollars Transformative Carbon Asset Facility (TCAF) to help developing countries pay for emission reductions and combat climate change. It is market-based scheme specially designed to help developing countries and would establish the world’s first programmatic carbon market.
2. The scheme will reward countries for reducing emissions by paying a fee for each tonne of carbon dioxide (CO2) reduced. 3. The facility will help countries implement their Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs). Of the total 500 million dollars, Germany, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland have jointly pledged an initial 250 million dollars investment.
9. Union Government launches Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
1. Union Government has launched Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan (Accessible India Campaign), a nationwide campaign in a bid to achieve universal accessibility to persons with disabilities.
2. It was launched by Union Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley and Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities (3 December).
3. The campaign has been drafted by Union Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) to which India is a signatory.