Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. 5th Heart of Asia conference begins in Pakistan
1. The fifth edition of ‘Heart of Asia’ conference, an annual regional gathering of Asian and other countries commenced in Islamabad Pakistan. Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani jointly inaugurated the ministerial-level meeting.
2. Theme of the meeting: ‘Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process: Enhanced cooperation for countering security threats and promoting connectivity in the Heart of Asia region.’
2. Yes Bank announced to mobilize 5 billion US dollars for climate action by 2020
1. Yes Bank Limited on 8 December 2015 announced to mobilize 5 billion US dollars from 2015 to 2020 for climate action through lending, investing and raising capital towards mitigation, adaptation and resilience. The announcement was made on the occasion of COP 21 climate summit in Paris.
2. Furthermore to achieve holistic impact and aid India’s target of meeting its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), the bank committed to achieve the following by 2020:
• Target funding of 5000 MW of clean energy
• Gradually increase percentage of Renewable Energy in its power portfolio
• Contribute towards creating a carbon sink by planting 2 million trees
• Touch 100 million lives through its safe and clean drinking water program
• Offset Carbon Emissions of the bank’s operations
3. Rohit Sharma became co-owner of UP Warriors in Pro Wrestling League
Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma became the co-owner of the Pro Wrestling League team, UP Warriors. The team includes celebrated Indian wrestlers like Sushil Kumar and Joginder Kumar.
After Bollywood actor Dharmendra, Sharma is the second big name to co-own a team in Pro Wrestling league.
With this, Sharma also joined cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli who have ventured into franchise-based leagues. All three co-own teams in football's Indian Super League.
4. International Anti-Corruption Day observed across the world
1. International Anti-Corruption Day was observed across the world on 9 December 2015 with the theme Break the corruption chain. The day was observed to raise public awareness about corruption and what people can do to fight it.
2. On the occasion of International Anti-Corruption Day, all the Governments, the private sector, non-governmental organizations, the media and citizens around the world joined forces to fight this crime.
5. Hetero became first Indian company to receive DGCI’s approval for hepatitis C drug
1. Hyderabad-based Hetero Drugs announced that it received the approval of Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to launch fixed-dose combination therapy Ledipasvir-Sofosbuvir. The product will be available under the brand name Ledisof in India.
2. With this approval, Hetero became the first company in the country to get approval from DGCI to launch hepatitis C medicines.
3. In September 2014, Hetero signed a non-exclusive licensing agreement with the USA-based Gilead Sciences in to manufacture and market chronic hepatitis C medicines.
6. Chen Long and Carolina Marin bagged 2015 BWF Player of the Year Awards
1. China’s Chen Long and all England and World champion Carolina Marin on 7 December 2015 bagged the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Male and Female Player of the Year Awards respectively in Dubai.
2. Marin held off competition from Zhao Yunlei, Saina Nehwal and Bao Yixin. On the other hand, Long retained the Male Player of the Year award that he won last year.
3. China’s rising star and World Junior Champion in Mixed Doubles and Men’s Doubles Zheng Si Wei grabbed the Eddy Choong Award for Most Promising Player of the Year.
4. BWF, for the first time, honoured para-badminton players with the year-end awards. Lee Sam Seop of Korea was named Male Para-Badminton Player of the Year. Helle Sofie Sagoy was awarded with the Female Para-Badminton Player of the Year.
7. Iran tests Ghadr-110 ballistic missile, breaches UNSC resolution
1. Iran has successfully carried out test of medium range Ghadr-110 ballistic missile near the Chabahar, a port city in southeast of country along the Gulf of Oman. The test was held in November 2015, but was disclosed by the western intelligence agencies in December 2015.
2. With this Iran so far has breached of two United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolutions which compels it to refrain from any work on ballistic missiles for 8 years.
8. Indian-American Entrepreneur Frank Islam selected for 2015 Uttar Pradesh Ratna Award
1. Indian-American entrepreneur and philanthropist Frank Islam (63) has been selected for the prestigious 2015 Uttar Pradesh Ratna Award. He has been chosen for this award in recognition of his achievements and outstanding contributions in a foreign country. He will be bestowed upon with award by UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at the inaugural UP Pravasi Diwas on January 4, 2016 in Agra.