Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. National Youth Day observed on 12 January to mark birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
1. National Youth Day was observed across India on 12 January 2016 to mark the 153rd birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda who was India’s foremost social reformer, philosopher and thinker.
2. The day is celebrated annually since 12 January 1985 in recognition of his ideals and teachings and to project him as a role model for the Indian youth.
2. Binny Bansal appointed as CEO of Flipkart
1. India's biggest e-commerce company, Flipkart, announced the promotion of current Chief Operating Officer Binny Bansal to the post of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). On the other hand, Sachin Bansal, who has been the CEO since inception, will now take on the newly-created role of Executive Chairman.
2. The major restructuring of its top management will see Mukesh Bansal report to Binny. Mukesh will continue to be chairman of Myntra, which he co-founded, and head Flipkart's commerce platform. He has also been given additional responsibility of the overall ads business.
3. Lionel Messi wins 2016 FIFA Ballon d’Or award
1. Barcelona FC forward Lionel Messi from Argentina has won the 2016 FIFA Ballon d’Or Award. He has earned this title of world’s best football player for record fifth time. Earlier he was conferred with this award in 2010 (inaugural), 2011, 2012 and 2012.
2. For this edition of prize, Messi secured 41.33% of the votes pipped current holder and three-time winner Cristiano Ronaldo (27.76% votes), as well as his Barclona teammate Neymar (7.86% votes).
3. Other 2015 winners
FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year: Carli Lloyd (United States)
FIFA Puskás Award: Wendell Lira. World Coach of the Year (Men’s): Luis Enrique (Barcelona FC).
World Coach of the Year (Women’s): Jill Ellis (United Staes).
FIFA Fair Play Award: All football organisations supporting refugees
4. First female F1 driver Maria Teresa de Filippis passes away
1. The first female F1 (Formula One) driver Maria Teresa de Filippis passed away on 8 January 2016 in Italy. She was 89. She is remembered as a first female pioneer in motor racing, a sport mainly dominated by men after she had participated in the five World Championship Grand Prix for the Maserati team in 1958.
5. India-Australia Social Security Agreement comes into operation
1. India-Australia social security Agreement signed between both countries came into operation. This agreement will enable people of both nations to avail retirement benefits in each other’s country and will boost bilateral business linkages.
6. 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards
1. The 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony was organized at Beverly Hills, California, United States (US). Golden Globe Awards are the annual awards that honour the best in Motion Pictures and Television for the previous year. In this edition of awards, The Revenant won the maximum 3 awards followed by The Martian and Steve Jobs winning 2 awards each.
The winners of various awards are as follows:
Best Motion Picture Drama: The Revenant.
Best Motion Picture Musical/Comedy: The Martian.
Best Director in Motion Picture-Drama: Alejandro Inarritu for The Revenant.
Best Actor in Motion Picture-Drama: Leonardo DiCaprio for The Revenant.
Best Actress in Motion Picture-Drama: Brie Larson for Room.
Best Actor in Motion Picture or Musical or Comedy: Matt Damon for The Martian.
Best Actress in Motion Picture Musical or Comedy: Jennifer Lawrence for Joy.
Best Actor in a Supporting role in Motion Picture: Sylvester Stallone for Creed.
Best Actress in a Supporting role in Motion Picture: Kate Winslet for Steve Jobs.
Best Original Score Motion Picture: Ennio Morricone for The Hateful Eight.
Best Foreign Language Film: Son of Saul (Hungary).
7. EPFO bags National Award on e-Governance
1. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has won the National Award on e-Governance 2015-16 for launching the Universal Account Number (UAN).
2. The UAN facility enables workers to transfer their provident fund deposits while switching jobs anywhere in India easily.3. The EPFO won the gold award in the ‘innovative use of technology in e-governance’ category and the retirement body will get a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.