Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Govt sets up panel on 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations
1. Government today decided to set up a high-powered panel headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha to process the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission which will have bearing on the remuneration of 47 lakh central government employees and 52 lakh pensioners.
2. The Cabinet has approved the setting up of Empowered Committee of Secretaries to process the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in an overall perspective
3. The implementation of the new pay scales is estimated to put an additional burden of Rs. 1.02 lakh crore on the exchequer in 2016-17. Subject to acceptance by the government, they will take effect from January 1, 2016.
2. 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War Hero Lieutenant General J.F.R. Jacob Died
1. Lieutenant General J.F.R. Jacob (retired), hero of 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War and former Governor of Goa and Punjab, died after prolonged illness. He was 92.
2. Jacob, who negotiated the surrender of Pakistani troops in Dhaka, was best known for his role in India's victory in the 1971 war. During the war, He served as the Chief of Staff of the Indian Army's Eastern Command by being the Major General.
3. Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and Maldives for co-operation in Health Sector
1. The Union Cabinet, presided by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Maldives on co-operation in the field of Health.
2. The MoU was signed in January, 2014 and it will especially assist Maldives to develop of human resources and facilities for healthcare. The enhanced cooperation in the health field will increase relations between the two countries to greater extent.
3. The main areas of co-operation under the MoU include-
• Management of healthcare sector and public health services.
• Assistance in development of human resources and setting up of health care facilities.
• Procurement of generic and essential drugs and assistance in sourcing of drug supplies.
• Traditional and complementary Medicine.
• Exchange & training of medical doctors, officials, other health professionals and experts.
• Medical and health research development.
• Health promotion and disease prevention.
4. Book titled Jawaharlal Nehru and The Indian Polity in Perspective released by Hamid Ansari
1. The book titled Jawaharlal Nehru and The Indian Polity in Perspective was released by Hamid Ansari by the Vice President of India Hamid Ansari at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.
2. The focus of the book is on the role of Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister, on shaping the polity of modern India.
3. The book was edited by Prof Alexander and with contributions from eminent persons like Justice K T Thomas, Dr Rajan Kurukkal, Dr B Vivekanandan, M G Radhakrishnan and others.
5. Amitabh Bachchan made honorary life member of Mohammedan Sporting
1. Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was bestowed honorary life membership of Kolkata’s soccer outfit Mohammedan Sporting.
2. Sporting president Sultan Ahmed handed over the club’s life membership to Bachchan.Bachchan was also invited to be the chief guest of the club’s 125th anniversary gala event to be held later in 2016.
6. BSNL launches 4G services in Chandigarh
1. State owed telecom service provider Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has launched the high speed 4G (Fourth Generation) telecom services at Chandigarh in Punjab circle . 2. With this launch, BSNL became fifth telecom service provider in India to launch 4G service after Airtel (1st), Aircel (2nd), Vodafone (3rd) and Reliance Jio (4th).
7. SC stays Centre’s notification lifting ban on Jallikattu
1. The Supreme Court has stayed the Union Government’s notification lifting ban on traditional bull taming sport Jallikattu during the festival of Pongal in Tamil Nadu. In this regard the apex court rejected the plea of Union Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) and Tamil Nadu Government.
2. This decision was taken by a SC bench comprising justices Dipak Misra and N V Ramana on petitions filed by various bodies including Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) seeking striking down of the MoEF’s notification.
8. Government constitutes Arvind Panagariya committee to fast-track bullet train project
1. Union Government has constituted a committee to fast track the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor, meant for connecting two cities with bullet trains. The committee is tasked to interact with the Japanese counterpart for taking further steps in implementation of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor. 2. Members: The committee will be headed by Arvind Panagariya, vice-chairman of the NITI Aayog. It will also include Railway Board chairman, foreign secretary and secretary (industrial policy) and secretary in the department of expenditure as its members. 3. Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor: It will be 500km long and will be connecting both trains at the cost of the project will be 98,000 crore rupees. Japan will invest 78, 000 crore rupees making it largest foreign investment in railway sector of India.
9. RDL inks MoU with AP Government to set up naval facility at Visakhapatnam
1. Reliance Defence Ltd (RDL) has inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh Government to set up a world class naval facility in the state. It was announced by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu during the CII Partnership Summit titled ‘Sunrise Andhra Pradesh Investment Meet’ in Visakhapatnam.
2. The proposed naval facility will be established at Rambilli, 70 kilometers south of Visakhapatnam on the East Coast of India with an initial investment of 5000 crore rupees. It should be noted that RDL is subsidiary of Anil Ambani led Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. It had acquired the Pipavav shipyard on West Coast in Gujarat earlier in March 2015.