Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Chinese President Xi launches Asian Infrastructure Investment
1. China-backed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), in which India and 56 countries have joined as founding members.
2. In all 57 countries have joined as founding members, while the US and Japan have stayed out.
3. The bank was formally established in Beijing on December 25, 2015. Chinese Finance Minister, Lou Jiwei, was elected as the first Chairman of the AIIB council. China’s former Finance Minister, Jin Liqun, was elected the first AIIB president.
4. With authorised capital of $100 billion and subscribed capital of $50 billion, Beijing-based AIIB will invest in sectors including energy, transportation, urban construction, and logistics as well as education and healthcare.
5. China, India and Russia are the three largest shareholders, taking a 30.34 per cent, 8.52 per cent, 6.66 per cent stake respectively in the newly formed bank.Their voting shares are calculated at 26.06 per cent, 7.5 per cent and 5.92 per cent.
2. The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 comes into force
1. The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 came into force 15 January 2016. In this regard, Union Ministry of Woman and Child Development has issued orders for enforceable of Act. The Act had received President Pranab Mukherjee’s assent on December 31, 2015 after it was passed by the Parliament.
2. Aims at ensuring protection, proper care, development and social reintegration of children in difficult circumstances by adopting a child-friendly approach. Permits trying of juveniles between the ages of 16 and 18 years as adults for heinous offences. Establishment of Child Welfare Committees (CWC) along with Juvenile Justice Boards (JJB) in each district.
3. 61st Britannia Filmfare Awards Announced
The grand Annual 61st Britannia Filmfare Awards event was organized in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Bajirao Mastani with 8 awards was the film wining highest number of awards
Winners of 61st Britannia Filmfare Awards
Best Actor: Ranveer Singh for 'Bajirao Mastani'
Best Actress: Deepika Padukone for 'Piku'
Best Film: 'Bajirao Mastani'
Best Director: Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Bajirao Mastani'
Lifetime Achievement: Moushumi Chatterjee
Best Debut Director: Neeraj Ghaywan for 'Massan'
Best Debutant (Male): Sooraj Pancholi for 'Hero'
Best Debutant (Female): Bhumi Pednekar for 'Dum Laga Ke Haisha'
Critics Award for Best Film: Piku
Critics Award for Best Actor (Male): Amitabh Bachchan for 'Piku'
Best Actor Female Critics Choice (Female): Kangana Ranaut for 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female): Priyanka Chopra for 'Bajirao mastani'
Best Story: V Vijayendra Prasad for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
Moushumi Chatterjee receives the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
Best Singer (male): Arijit Singh for 'Sooraj dooba hai' from 'Roy'
Best Singer (female): Shreya Ghoshal for 'Deewani mastani' from 'Bajirao Mastani'
Best VFX: Prana Studios for 'Bombay Velvet'
4. Delhi-based writer Ankita Anand won the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for work on Khap panchayats
1. An independent Delhi-based writer Ankita Anand won the European Commission's prestigious Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for 2015 in Asia and the Pacific amateur category.
She earned the award for her sensitive portrayal of life for young women facing the threat of the diktat of khap panchayats in Haryana with the title Stirrings beneath the peepul published in the journal The Equator Linel.
2. Arison Tamfu, an editor for the Cameroon Journal, won the Lorenzo Natali Grand Prize for a critical investigative report on how UN Climate change negotiations that are calling on nations to switch from fossil fuels to renewable energy are going to affect the development of African communities living where the resources are found with the title Africa’s billions might be buried forever.
5. Flipkart ties-up with Mahindra for KUV100 online bookings
1. Online marketplace Flipkart has tied up with auto major Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd to exclusively launch the latter's newest SUV- KUV100. Consumers can book the SUV on Flipkart from January 18th, 2016.
2. Flipkart launched Automobiles as a category last month with a vision to change the way vehicles are bought in India. The association with Mahindra is another step in that direction. The two entities have come together to deliver superior customer experience with assured in-a-month delivery. Flipkart currently also offers a wide range of automotive accessories as part of its endeavour to become a destination for all automotive needs.
3. Mahindra's KUV100 (pronounced as KUV '1 double Oh'), has been conceptualized and developed with the aim of creating an entirely new category. It is a compact SUV.