Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. India slips to 89th rank in global talent competitiveness: Report
1. Reflecting an acute shortage of skilled labour force and difficult business conditions, India has slipped 11 places to rank 89th on a global index of talent competitiveness, a list which has been topped by Switzerland.
2. Switzerland is followed by Singapore, Luxembourg, the US and Denmark in the top five positions on the annual Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTC) released today by INSEAD business school in partnership with Adecco Group and the Human Capital Leadership Institute of Singapore.
3. India’s ranking is worst among the five BRICS countries, with China leading the pack with a global rank of 48.
4. Last year, India was ranked 78th on the index that measures a nation’s competitiveness based on the quality of talent it can produce, attract and retain. It is released every year on the first day of the World Economic Forum (WEF)
2. Sikkim becomes India’s first fully organic state
1. Sikkim has formally become India’s first fully organic state after it successfully implemented organic farming practices on around 75,000 hectares of agricultural land. Formal declaration in this regard was made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi after inaugurating the Sikkim Organic Festival 2016 in Gangtok, Sikkim. 2. PM also handed the Organic Certificate to Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling. The Sikkim Organic Festival 2016 has been organised on the sidelines of the National Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
3. BSE launches algorithm trading test
1. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Ltd has launched a new service for algorithm trading test facility for investors on its derivatives and equity platform. The new service has been launched in partnership with Mumbai based Symphony Fintech Solutions Pvt Ltd and is free-of-cost for market participant.
2. Enable all market participants to test their trading algorithms in different trading segments including equity, equity derivatives and currency derivatives segments.
4. French President Francois Hollande declared economic emergency
1. French President Francois Hollande on 18 January 2016 declared a state of economic and social emergency to redefine country’s economic and social model.
2. To tackle the emergency, Hollande unveiled a 2 billion euro plan to revive hiring and catch up with a fast-moving world economy.Also, the government has proposed series of economic measures to revive long-stagnant economic growth and reduce chronic unemployment, which has been around 10 percent for years.
3. Proposed measures to be taken by French Government are:
• Under a two-year scheme, companies employing fewer than 250 people will receive a 2000 euro bonus for each new employee with a contract of more than six months, under certain conditions.
• One billion euros will be spent on training schemes for unemployed people.
• About 500000 vocational training schemes will be created.
• Updating country’s labour-friendly business model in an increasingly online and border-free economy.
• Loosening of France's rigid working time rules.
• Integrating youth from France's troubled suburbs, including minorities who face job discrimination, into the global economy.
5. Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Daulatrao Aher died
1. Former Maharashtra health minister and Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dr Daulatrao Aher died on 19 January 2016 following prolonged illness in Nashik. He was 74.
6. Draft report of R V Easwar Committee to simplify Income-tax Act, 1961 released
1. Union Ministry of Finance released the draft report of Justice R V Easwar (Retd) Committee to simplify the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961.
2. The draft recommendations of the 10-member committee contain 27 suggestions for amendments under the Income-tax Act, 1961 and 8 recommendations for reform through administrative instructions.
3. The RV Easwar Committee was constituted on 27 October 2015 to study and identify the provisions/phrases in the Income-tax Act, 1961. The committee was also mandated to suggest measures to improve the ease of doing business, reduce litigation and accelerate the resolution of tax disputes.
7. World Bank to fund 20 million US dollar for reconstructing Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
1. In a global first, the World Bank in third week of January 2016 decided to extend an assistance of 20 million US dollar to help reconstruct the Indira Gandhi Zoological Park (IGZP), which got devastated during cyclone Hudhud in October 2014, in Visakhapatnam.
2. It is the very first time in the history of the World Bank that it is directly involved in a zoo. The decision is a new addition in the portfolio of the bank as part of its ever-expanding work on urban regeneration.
3. The funding is a part of the 370 million US dollar Andhra Pradesh Disaster Recovery Project for which the bank is extending assistance of 250 million US dollars from 2015-2020.
The four coastal districts of Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam, Vizianagaram and East Godavari are expected to get 20 million US dollar for forest restoration and disaster prevention measures.
8. Guenter Butschek appointed as MD and CEO of Tata Motors Ltd
1. India’s largest automaker (by revenue) Tata Motors Ltd’s has appointed Guenter Butschek as chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) of the company.
2. In his new role he will lead all operations of Tata Motors in India and in international markets, including South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand and South Africa.
3. Prior to this appointment he had served as chief operating officer (COO) of plane-maker Airbus Group SA and also was member of the group executive committee.
9. SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket successfully launches Jason-3 Ocean-monitoring satellite
1. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has successfully launched the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying Jason-3 Ocean-monitoring satellite. It was launched from California’s Vandenberg Air Force Base and the satellite has been successfully inserted it in the desired orbit.
2. Jason-3 is the 4th mission in the joint US-European series of satellite missions that measure the height of the ocean surface.
10. Narayana Murthy panel bats for tax benefit to alternative investment funds
1. The 21-member Narayana Murthy Committee set up to advice SEBI on issues related to the development of alternative investment and start-up ecosystem is expected to recommend relaxed tax structure and revamp of the alternative investment funds (AIF) norms. While SEBI has played its part when it came to rules for PE and VC funds to invest in India, the panel’s proposals will be tax related.
2. This includes a tax regime lucrative enough to attract these entities, revamp of the AIF norms, making safe-harbour norms effective and on-boarding domestic angel investors.