Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. World Economic Forum 2016: India ranked 22nd among world's best countries
1. India was today ranked 22nd on an inaugural list of the world's best countries, which was released here on the sidelines of WEF Annual Meeting and is topped by Germany.
2. China is ranked 17th on the list, which ranked 60 countries on the basis of sustainability, adventure, cultural influence, entrepreneurship and economic influence.
3. The survey was conducted among 16,200 business leaders and other high-fliers.
4. Apart from Germany being in the first position, other countries in the top five are Canada (2), the UK (3), the US (4) and Sweden (5).
2. RBI allows pre-mature withdrawal in gold monetisation scheme
1. In an effort to make the Gold Monetisation Scheme more customer-friendly, the RBI said depositors will be able to withdraw medium-term (5-7 year) and long-term government deposits (12-15 years) pre-maturely after the minimum lock-in period, though with a penalty.
2. The Reserve Bank today made a few amendments to its Master Direction on the Scheme.
3. The rate of interest on the deposits will be decided by government and notified by the RBI from time to time.
4. The current rate of interest as notified by the government on medium term deposit is 2.25 per cent per annum and on long term deposit is 2.50 per cent per annum
3. IRS officer Atulesh Jindal appointed as Chairman of CBDT
1. Senior revenue service officer Atulesh Jindal was appointed chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
2. Jindal will succeed A K Jain, who completes his term at the end of January 2016.
3. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Jindal as chairman of the apex policy-making body of the income tax department.
4. Jodhpur's Umaid Bhawan Palace named the world's best hotel of 2016
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, won the award of the world's best hotel at the Travellers' Choice award organised by TripAdvisor.
2. The winners of Travellers' Choice Award, which entered its 14th year, were determined on the basis of the reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travellers worldwide.
5. Italian film director Ettore Scola died
1. Italian director Ettore Scola passed away following a prolonged illness in Rome. He was 84.
2. As a filmmaker, he was considered to be among the last of a generation of Italian greats with a keen eye for the issues facing his country.
6. Nai Manzil Scheme launched in Jammu and Kashmir
The Nai Manzil scheme was launched for the first time in Jammu and Kashmir. The scheme was launched for girls in Srinagar in three institutions- Skill Development Centre, University of Kashmir and two Madarsas.
The two Madarsas are Madarsa Shahi-i-Hamdan in Pampore and Madarsa Imam Sadique in Shadipur, Bandipora.
About Nai Manzil Scheme
Nai Manzil Scheme is an integrated Education and Livelihood Initiative for the Minority Communities. It was announced by the Union Budget 2015-16.
The scheme aims to benefit the minority youths who are school-dropouts or educated in the community education institutions like Madrasas.
This will enable them to seek better employment in the organised sector and equipping them with better lives. The scheme covers the entire country.
The Maulana Azad Education Foundation is the frontrunner in providing all the necessary help in start and execution of the scheme, supported by the Ministry of Minorities.
7. Indian Olympic Association signed 2-year marketing deal with Infinity Optimal Solutions
1. The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on 21 January 2016 announced that it signed a marketing deal with Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS).
2. As per the contract, the IOS will manage sponsorship and public relations for the IOA for all the major national and international events.
3. This is the first time in the history of IOA that any professional sports marketing agency has been appointed to generate sponsorship revenues for Indian athletes.
Details of the IOA-IOS deal
• The deal, having worth of 12 crore rupees, will cover a period of 2 years.
• Under the contract, IOS Sports and Entertainment agency will generate sponsorship for the Indian contingent that will compete in the Rio Olympics in August 2016.
• The IOS will develop intellectual properties in partnership with IOA and will attempt to unlock the commercial potential of the organisation.
8. Legendary dancer Mrinalini Sarabhai passed away
1. Legendary dancer and Padma Bhushan recipient Mrinalini Sarabhai passed away in Ahmedabad. She was 97.
2. Besides being a classical dancer, Sarabhai was a poet, writer and environmentalist. She also played a leading role in the social and art scene in Ahmedabad. She was one of the first classical dancers to turn to choreography.
9. 4th India Africa Hydrocarbons Conference begins in New Delhi
1. The fourth edition of India Africa Hydrocarbons Conference (IAHC) has begun on January 21, 2016 in New Delhi. The two day conference aims at enhancing greater cooperation between India and African continent in the field of Hydrocarbons. It also seeks to explore opportunities, bridge boundaries and boost bilateral trade between India and Africa.
2. 22 African nations have participated of which 9 are represented by their Ministers. These 9 countries are Morocco, Algeria, Liberia, Mauritius, South Sudan, Sudan, Tunisia, Equatorial Guinea and Senegal. Provide a global forum and common platform to African Countries to share their vision and chart out the road map for extended energy cooperation.
10. 19th National Conference on e-Governance begins in Nagpur
1. The nineteenth edition of National Conference on e-Governance has begun on 21 January 2016 in Nagpur, Maharashtra. It was inaugurated by the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari and the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh. This edition of conference has been organised by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in in association with the Government of Maharashtra.
2. The two day conference aims at discussing various aspects of e-Governance ranging from Technology Enabled Services to Cyber Security framework. More than 600 delegates have participated in the conference including 150 delegates from Maharashtra and 250 from other States and 50 participants from the Private Sector.
11. India inks Loan Agreement with World Bank for Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project
Union Government has signed 250 million dollars Financing Agreement with World Bank for Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project. The loan has been sanctioned by the World Bank’s concessionary lending arm International Development Association (IDA). The loan has implementation period of 5 years and Bihar Government is the implementing agency.