Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Padma Vibhushan for Rajinikanth, Dhirubhai Ambani, Jagmohan
1. Superstar Rajinikanth, founder of the Reliance empire late Dhirubhai Ambani, Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and media baron Ramoji Rao have been chosen for Padma Vibhushan, the country’s second highest civilian award, this year.
2. Former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Jagmohan, former DRDO chief V K Aatre, cancer specialist and chairperson of Adyar Cancer Institute Dr V Shanta and eminent Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi dancer Yamini Krishnamurthi and classical vocalist Girija Devi and Indian—American economist Avinash Dixit have also been named for Padma Vibhushan on the occasion of this year’s Republic Day celebrations.
3. Noted actor Anupam Kher, singer Udit Narayan, former CAG Vinod Rai, chairperson of media group Bennett, Coleman & Co. Indu Jain, sports star Sania Mirza and Saina Nehwal, spiritual leaders late Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Swami Tejomayananda and former US Ambassador to India Robert Blackwill are among the 19 eminent people chosen for Padma Bhushan.
Industrialist Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry, Maruti Suzuki chairman R C Bhargava and eminent architect Hafeez Contractor also figure in the list of Padma Bhushan awardees.
4. Senior lawyer Ujjwal Nikam, who was the prosecution counsel in the Mumbai terror attack case, actors Ajay Devgn and Priyanka Chopra get Padma Shri.
5. Renowned sculptor Ram V Sutar, Manipuri theatre personality Heisnam Kanhailal, Hindi and Telugu writer Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad, Sanskrit scholar N S Ramanuja Tatacharya, Punjabi journalist Barjinder Singh Hamdard, gastroenterologist D Nageshwar Reddy and scientist A V Rama Rao have been chosen for Padma Bhushan.
6. Actor the late Saeed Jaffrey, CEO of MasterCard Ajaypal Singh Banga, archer Deepika Kumari, Bharatanatyam dancer Prathibha Prahlad, Gujarati folk musician Bhikhudan Gadhvi, Goa’s musician Tulsidas Borkar and scientist Onkar Nath Srivastava were among those who were named for Padma Shri awards.
Padma awards for sports
Women dominated this year’s Padma awards for sports with tennis star Sania Mirza and ace shuttler Saina Nehwal getting the nod for the Padma Bhushan, while archer Deepika Kumari was chosen for the Padma Shri
2. 6th National Voters’ Day observed with theme Inclusive and Qualitative Participation
1. 6th National Voters’ Day (NVD) was observed across the country on 25 January 2016 by the Election Commission of India. The theme for the 6th National Voters’ Day is ‘Inclusive and Qualitative Participation’.
2. The Commission’s objective through NVD is to increase enrolment of voters, especially of the newly eligible ones.The National function of the NVD was held in New Delhi and presided over by President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
3. On the occasion, the Chief Election Commissioner Dr. Nasim Zaidi also released a book titled, ‘Belief in the Ballot’ and presented it’s the first copy to the President.
3. Union Government launched Sahaj Scheme for online booking of LPG cylinders
1. Union Government launched Sahaj Scheme for online booking of LPG cylinders. The booking can be done through the unified web portal www.mylpg.in which is available in 13 languages.
2. The facility was launched by Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas (Independent Charge) Dharmendra Pradhan. He said that the government is targeting to add 10 crore new LPG connections by December 2018 to the existing 16.5 crore connections.
3. The facility will enable people to book the cylinder around the clock, which will help delivery of the cylinders even in their absence because the payment is already done. This will also eliminate hassles of exact change needed for payment or avoid delivery failure due to no cash situation.
4. Maharashtra’s first Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant commissioned
1. Maharashtra’s first Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant was commissioned in Hingna village of Mouda Taluka in Nagpur district.
2. The Solar Pump Unit has been installed on experimental basis by Rite Water Solutions under the supervision of the Zilla Parishad authorities.
3. The plant will facilitate villagers to get pure water supply for a very low cost, which can easily be borne by the Gram Panchayat.
4. Key facts related to Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant
• The system runs completely on solar power for which 1800 Watt panels have been installed.
• It delivers 10000 Litres of purified water every day and the nitrate content from water is completely removed so as to prevent the ill effects on the health of villagers.
5. 9th National Girl Child Day observed on 24 January
1. Nation on 24 January 2016 observed the 9th National Girl Child Day. It is celebrated to spread awareness about the inequalities faced by the girl child in the country. It is observed on 24 January every year.
2. It was initiated by the government in 2008. Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has been taking different initiatives to address and reverse the trend of declining sex ratio in the country.
6. ONGC received environmental nod for 53000 crore rupees KG basin project
1. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) on 22 January 2016 received environmental clearance from the Ministry of Environment and Forests for drilling 45 developed wells in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin in Andhra Pradesh. The total cost of the project is estimated at 53000 crore rupees.
2. ONGC is planning to drill 45 development wells and set up a Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) facility, among others. The project will be implemented in the northern discovery area of NELP-I offshore block KG-DW N-98/2.
3. It is expected that the proposed development drilling and subsequent development of fields will lead to production of 51.33 billion cubic meters of gas over a period of 16 years and 26.71 million cubic meters of oil in 12 years.
7. First Ministerial Meeting of Arab-India Cooperation Forum held Manama
1. The first Ministerial Meeting of Arab-India Cooperation Forum was held Manama, capital city of Bahrain. The meeting was inaugurated by Bahrain’s Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa and was attended by representatives of 22 Arab League nations. Indian side was represented by Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and also Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar.
8. Tabla maestro Pandit Shankar Ghosh passes away1. Eminent tabla player Pandit Shankar Ghosh passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal following a prolonged illness. He was 80. He was amongst the most well-known tabla players in the country and followed the Farukhabad gharana of Hindustani classical music.