Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Ishika Shah won 12th Sub-Junior National Snooker championship title
1. 14-year old Ishika Shah on 26 January 2016 won the 12th Sub-Junior National Snooker championship title in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. To win the title, she defeated Anushi Seth by 50-2, 50-33 in the final match.To reach the finals, she defeated the defending champion Doyel Dey in the semi-final. Incidentally, Ishika lost the title to Doyel in the summit clash held in Kolkata in 2015.
2. However, Doyel retained the sub-junior billiards title. The title was awarded to her when the original winner, Lahiri Sinapara, was found two months over-aged than the prescribed 18 years age limit.
3. Both the snooker and billiards championship were held as part of the 20-day long National Billiards & Snooker Championship 2016 that began on 12 January 2016 in Indore.
2. International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust observed
1. International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust was observed on 27 January 2016 across the world. The day was proclaimed so by the United Nations General Assembly.
2. The theme for the Holocaust remembrance and education activities in the year 2016 including the Holocaust Memorial Ceremony is The Holocaust and Human Dignity.
3. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) celebrate the day every year.
The day marks the anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi German Concentration and Extermination Camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau by the Soviet troops in 1945.
3. Rod Laver honoured with Companion of the order of Australia
1. Rodney George Laver honoured with the Companion of the order of Australia on the occasion of the Australia Day.
2. He was conferred with the award for eminent service to tennis as a player, representative and mentor, at the national and international level, and as a role model for young sportsmen and women.
3. With this honour, Rod Laver became the third sportsman to be named a Companion of the Order of Australia. Earlier, the honour was bestowed upon Don Bradman and Herb Elliott who dominated cricket and middle-distance running respectively.
4. IPS officer Aparna Kumar became India's first civil servant to scale Mount Vinson Massif
1. Aparna Kumar, IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, became India's first civil servant to scale Mount Vinson Massif, the highest peak in the Antarctica.
2. She hoisted the Tricolour and the flag of the Uttar Pradesh Police Service on Mount Vinson Massif.
3. She set out on the Antarctic expedition on 5 January 2016, accompanied by a 10-member team of mountaineers from various countries.
5. Cognizant acquired US-based KBACE Technologies
1. Cognizant Technology Solutions on 27 January 2016 acquired the privately-held KBACE Technologies Inc., a US-based global consulting and technology services company specialising in cloud strategy, implementation and integration.
2. However, the terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
As part of the acquisition, around 400 KBACE consultants and implementation experts across industry and business functions will become part of Cognizant.
3. The acquisition expands Cognizant’s digital capabilities, as more clients are moving critical business applications to cloud-based IT infrastructures.The combined capabilities will further enable Cognizant to help clients become intuitively digital by using the cloud to derive new insights, unlock new opportunities and lower costs through a subscription-based business model.
6. India overtakes Thailand as World’s largest Rice exporter
1. India has overtaken Thailand as the world’s largest rice exporter in the year 2015 by shipping (exporting) 10.23 million tonnes of rice. It was announced by the Bangkok based Thai Rice Exporters Association Chairman Charoen Laodhammatas.
7. 150th birth anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai
1. 150th birth anniversary of great freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai, also known as Punjab Kesri is being celebrated 28th January 2016. To celebrate this occasion a state level function has been organised in Punjab and special event will be held at village Dhudi Ke, the birth place of Lala Lajpat Rai in Moga district. State government also has organised various seminars and symposia at many places in Punjab to remember Lala Lajpat Rai.
8. 31 OECD members signed corporate tax avoidance deal
1. 31 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) members have signed corporate tax avoidance agreement in a bid to stem fiscal (tax) evasion by multinational companies (MNCs). The new agreement is about sharing information between members rather than a new tax law.
2. Under it, signatory members have to share information on tax issues of MNCs. It will primarily focus on country-by-country tax reporting of MNCs between members.
9. Scientists discover largest known solar system
1. Astronomers have discovered the largest known solar system in the form of gas giant located one trillion kilometres away. This solar system has large planet known as 2MASS J2126-8140 that takes nearly a million years to orbit its star.
10. Chennupati Jagadish, Jay Chandra honoured with Order of Australia
1. Chennupati Jagadish and Jay Chandra, Indian-origin persons, were on 26 January 2016 honoured with the Order of Australia, highest civilian honour of Australia on the occasion of the Australia Day. They were awarded for their contribution in the fields of physics, engineering and medicine.
2. Chennupati Jagadish is an eminent professor at Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra. He was conferred with the award for his eminent service to physics and engineering, particularly in the field of nanotechnology.
3. While, Jay Chandra is an eye doctor in New South Wales. He received the award for his significant service to medicine in the field of ophthalmology as a clinician and for his service to the international community through eye care programs.4. They were awarded along with Sajeev Koshy, a Kerala dentist settled in Melbourne.