Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. India ranks 37th on USCC’s 2016 Intellectual Property Index
1. In recently released Intellectual Property Index (IPI) by United States Chamber of Commerce (USCC), India was ranked 37th among the surveyed 38 countries. These 38 countries benchmarked in the 2016 index accounts for nearly 85% of the global GDP. Venezuela ranked lowest below India at 38th position with 6.42 points on the index.
2. Top 10 Countries: US (28.6 score), UK (27.5), Germany (27.4), France (27.2), Sweden (27.1), Singapore (25.6), Switzerland (24.9), Australia (24.8), Japan (23.3) and South Korea (23.3).
2. Harinder Sidhu to be new Australian High Commissioner to India
1. Australia announced the appointment of Indian-origin Harinder Sidhu as the country’s next High Commissioner to India.
2. Ms. Sidhu who has an Indian background had migrated to Australia as a child with her family from Singapore and will replace the outgoing High Commissioner Patrick Suckling.
3. Ms. Sidhu, a senior career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, has been also serving as First Assistant Secretary of the Multilateral Policy Division.
She has previously served overseas in Moscow and Damascus.
3. Government sanctions Rs.580 crore for Agartala-Akhaura rail link Project
1. Union Government has sanctioned about 580 crore rupees for Agartala-Akhaura railway link Project to connect Kolkata (West Bengal) with Tripura via Bangladesh. The sanctioned fund will be used for the laying of the five km railway track up to Bangladesh border from Agartala.
2. It is 15 km long strategic railway route that would connect the Indian Railways with the Bangladesh Railways. The work on this project is expected to complete by 2017. Of the 15 km strategic railway track, 10 km falls in the Bangladesh side and the rest 5 km falls in India.
4. Veteran director Aurobindo Mukherjee passes away
1. Veteran film director Aurobindo Mukherjee passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal after ailing from geriatric problems. He was 97. Mukherjee was the maker of cult Bengali classics like ‘Mouchak, ‘Agniswar” and ‘Nishipadma’, all of them starred matinee idol Uttam Kumar in the early 1970s. He was younger brother of famous novelist Balaichand Mukhopadhyay who is popularly known as Bonophool.
2. He had joined Tollywood in 1950s. Shakti Samanta’s film Amar Prem was inspired by Mukherjee’s ‘Nishipadma’ which had starred Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore. Mukherjee had given debut role to Jaya Bhaduri (Jaya Bachchan) in the film Dhanyee Meye in 1971.
5. Amazon acquires 26% in Tata’s publishing firm Westland
1. Tata Group’s retail firm Trent Ltd said online retail giant Amazon has picked up 26 per cent stake in its publishing arm Westland for Rs. 9.5 crore. The investor would subscribe to Westland’s share capital such that it holds 26 per cent of the Westland’s share capital on a fully diluted basis, for an aggregate amount of approximately Rs. 9.5 crore,
2. Under the definitive agreements signed by Trent, Amazon.com NV Investment Holding LLC and Westland, Amazon will have a right to appoint a director on the Board of Westland and also have the option to acquire the remaining 74 per cent of shares at a later date.