Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. BCCI banned Pakistan umpire Asad Rauf for 5 years for involvement in 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal
1. The Disciplinary Committee of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 12 February 2016 banned Pakistan umpire Asad Rauf for 5 years on charges of corruption and misconduct.
The disciplinary committee took this decision after Rauf was found guilty of charges in relation to the Indian Premier League (IPL) betting and spot-fixing scandal of 2013.
2. With this ban, Rauf became ineligible for umpiring or playing or representing cricket in any form or being associated with activities of the BCCI and its affiliates for 5 years.
3. Earlier, on 18 January 2016, Ajit Chandila and Hiken Shah were also banned by the committee in relation to the 2013 scandal.
While Chandila was banned for life, Hiken Shah was banned for 5 years from playing or representing cricket in any form or to be associated in any way with the activities of the Board or its affiliates.
2. Bank of Baroda reports Rs. 3,342-cr loss in Q3
1. Bank of Baroda has reported a huge net loss of Rs. 3,342 crore in the third quarter ended December 31, 2016, against a net profit of Rs. 334 crore in the year ago period.
2. This is probably the highest quarterly loss posted by any bank in India so far. IDBI Bank had recorded a net loss of Rs. 2,184 crore.Provisions (other than tax) & contingencies soared to Rs. 6,164.55 crore (Rs 1262.25 crore in the year ago quarter).
3. Gross non-performing assets position worsened to 9.68 per cent (3.85 per cent).
3. ICAI elects Devaraja Reddy as President
1. The CA Institute has a new President in M Devaraja Reddy.Reddy, a resident of Hyderabad is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) with more than 28 years of professional standing. He was the Vice President of ICAI for the council year 2015-16.
2. Nilesh S Vikamsey is the new Vice President of the CA Institute for the term 2016-17.
4. Narendra Modi opens ‘Make In India’ centre in Mumbai
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday inaugurated Make in India Centre at Bandra Kurla Complex, a commercial complex in the suburbs of Mumbai. Modi will formally launch the “Make in India” week Saturday evening at an event at Worli, Mumbai.
2. The Make In India week will conclude on 18 February.
3. Make in India is the current government’s flagship initiative, launched by the prime minister in September 2014, to encourage international companies to manufacture their goods in India.
4. The prime minister is expected to meet senior leaders and captains of industry from both India and abroad.He will hold bilateral meetings with senior foreign leaders.
5. RBI, UAE's Central Bank sign pact for currency swap
1. The RBI signed a pact with the Central Bank of the UAE to enter into a Currency Swap Agreement, which is aimed at strengthening economic ties with the Gulf nation.
2. The MoU was signed between RBI chief Raghuram Rajan and UAE's Central Bank Governor Mubarak Rashed Al Mansoori.