Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. 1st Mega Food Park in Madhya Pradesh inaugurated at Panwa
1.1st Mega Food Park (MFP) of Madhya Pradesh was inaugurated at Panwa village in Kasarwad tehsil of Khargone district.
2.The MFP, named after Indus, was inaugurated by Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries.
3. It was set up by M/s Indus mega Food Part Pvt. Ltd at an estimated cost of 127.70 crore rupees in an area of 53.78 acres.
4 It has a Central Processing Centre at Khargone and three Primary Processing Centres are being set up at Bedia, Ratlam and Ujjain to provide strong backward linkages.
2. World Radio Day observed with theme Radio in Times of Emergency and Disaster
1.World Radio Day was observed globally on 13 February 2016 with the theme Radio in Times of Emergency and Disaster.
2.To mark the occasion, various activities conducted across India celebrating importance of radio in the day to day life.
3. In Odisha, a two-day annual international event Outreach International Radio Fair 2016 was inaugurated in Bhubaneswar.
4. United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) annually celebrate the World Radio Day by planning activities with broadcasters, organizations and communities around the world.
5.The day is a global celebration of radio as a forum for entertainment and information, as a bridge of communication for remote communities and its role in empowering people.
3. Ashok Chawla appointed as new Chairman of TERI
1.Ashok Chawla has been appointed as Chairman of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). He was selected by the Governing Council of TERI and succeed noted scientist B V Sreekantan.
2. Ashok Chawla is former Union Finance Secretary and former Chairman of the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
About The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
1.TERI is a non-profit research institution that conducts research work in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development. Established in 1974 as Tata Energy Research Institute and was renamed The Energy and Resources Institute in 2003.
2.It aims to focus on formulating local and national level strategies for shaping global solutions to critical issues.
3. In 2013, it was ranked as the topmost global think-tank by the International Centre for Climate Governance (ICCG).
4. Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan visited India
1.Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan concluded his 3-day visit to India. He is also the deputy supreme commander of UAE armed forces
2. He visited India on invitation of Narendra Modi who became the first Prime Minister to visit the UAE after a gap of 34 years in August 2015.
3. He held talks with President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on a gamut of bilateral relations.
4. During the visit, both countries signed 9 agreements and Memorandums of Understanding.
5. The agreements and MoUs covered a wide range of sectors like the sphere of cyber security, infrastructure, renewable energy and finance.
6. Both the countries issued a joint statement that expressed resolve to increase trade by 60 percent over by 2020.
7.He visited Mumbai and met Indian business leaders at the Mumbai Stock Exchange.
5. 4th World Government Summit concluded in Dubai
1.The 3-day long annual World Government Summit (WGS) concluded in Dubai, the UAE. The summit was 4th in the series since the launch of WGS in 2013 by the UAE Government.
2.The 2016 WGS was attended by 4500 participants from more than 130 countries to discuss challenges and opportunities before present and future governments worldwide.
3.It also provided an opportunity to showcase innovations, best practice and smart solutions to inspire creativity to tackle these future challenges.
4.It discussed key challenges faced by the humanity – climate change, financial inclusion, pension sustainability, education for all, etc.
5. Talks and conferences were held on technological solutions and strategies like sustainable development goals, internet of things, virtual health, etc.
6. It was attended by around 2500 government officials and heads of multilateral agencies including Secretary-General of the UN Ban Ki-moon.
7.During the summit, 2016 Best m-Government Service Awards presented. Karnataka’s Mobile One project the award in the One Stop App category at the international level.