Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Former UN Secretary General Boutros Ghali passes away
1. Former United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali passed away in Cairo, Egypt. He was 93. Mr. Boutros-Ghali was Egyptian politician and diplomat who had served as sixth UN Secretary-General from 1992 to 1996. He was United Nations’ first secretary-general from Africa.
2. During his term as UN Secretary-General, he had overseen several world crises including the break-up of Yugoslavia, genocide and famine in Africa. He had associated himself with the famine in Somalia and had organised the first massive UN relief operation in the horn of African country.
2. West Bengal government launched Utkarsh Bangla Scheme for school-dropouts
1. West Bengal government launched Utkarsh Bangla Scheme, a welfare scheme for school-dropouts, in Kolkata.
2. Utkarsha Bangla is aimed at giving vocational training to school dropouts. Each youth will get training ranging from 400 to 1200 hours. The school-dropouts will be trained free of charge in tailoring, driving, repairing television and other electronic equipment and beauty courses etc.
3. During the inauguration programme, the Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee said that in the last four years, state administration has trained 15 lakh boys and girls in vocational streams. Out of which about 10 lakh secured jobs.
4. Besides Utkarsh Bangla, Banerjee also inaugurated a number of industrial training institute buildings. She also inaugurated the campus of Amity University in Kolkata.
3. Fashion designer Manish Arora conferred Knight of the Legion of Honour, France’s highest honour
1. Fashion designer Manish Arora was awarded with the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour), France's highest civilian honour.
French Ambassador Francois Richier presented the award to Arora for his renowned and critically-acclaimed contribution to the fashion world.
4. Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk led Ukrainian Government survived No-confidence Motion
1. Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk led government in Ukraine survived a no-confidence vote hours after the President Petro Poroshenko asked him to step down.
2. The no-confidence motion required 226 votes in the parliament, but only 194 out of the 339 members of the parliament supported it. This means the government will probably be safe at least until the next parliament session starts in September 2016.
3. The PM Yatsenyuk has been criticised over the slow pace of reforms and faces allegations of corruption. Yatsenyuk's public support has eroded amid Ukraine's economic problems.
5. Union Government unveils National Capital Goods Policy 2016
1. The Union Government has unveiled a National Capital Goods Policy 2016 to give an impetus to the capital goods sector and the Make in India initiative. It was unveiled by Union Minister of Heavy Industry & Public Enterprise Anant Geet on the occasion of the Make in India Week held in Mumbai, Maharashtra. This is for the first time, Union Government (Ministry of Heavy Industry & Public Enterprise) has framed such national policy for the capital goods sector.
2. Increase exports of capital goods from the current 27% to 40 % of production. Increase share of domestic capital goods production in terms of demand from 60% to 80% in order to make India a net exporter of capital goods. Facilitate improvement in technology depth across sub-sectors, ensure mandatory standards, increase skill availability and promote growth and capacity building of MSMEs.
6. Jharkhand gets first Mega Food Park at Ranchi
1. Jharkhand’s first mega food park was inaugurated by Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal at village Getalsud in Ranchi district of state. This park is promoted by Jharkhand Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd and seeks to give an impetus to the growth of the food processing sector in the state.