Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Jai Kumar Garg appointed as MD and CEO of Corporation Bank
1. The Union Government appointed Jai Kumar Garg as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Corporation Bank for a period of three years.
2. Garg took charge of the public sector bank on 1 February 2016, succeeding S R Bansal, who superannuated from services as CMD on 31 January 2016.
2. Archana Ramasundram became 1st woman to head paramilitary force
1. Tamil Nadu Cadre IPS officer Archana Ramasundramwas appointed as the Director General of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) that guards India's frontiers with Nepal and Bhutan.
2. With this appointment, Ramasundram became the first woman to head a paramilitary force. 58-year-old Ramasundram is currently the Director of National Crime Records Bureau.
3. WHO declares Zika virus outbreak as International Emergency
1. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared an international public health emergency over the explosive spread of the mosquito-borne Zika virus. It was announced after WHO’s emergency meeting of independent experts headed by WHO Director-General Margaret Chan.
2. The meeting was convened in Geneva, Switzerland to assess the outbreak of the virus which is linked to birth defects in the Americas.
4. RBI rates unchanged in 6th bi-monthly monetary policy review
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its sixth bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016 has maintained status quo in key policy interest rate. The key policy interest rates were kept unchanged on the basis of an assessment of the current and evolving macroeconomic situation in the country. RBI has kept its stance on the credit policy accommodative.
2. Key policy rates are
Repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF): unchanged at 6.75 per cent.
Reverse repo rate under the LAF: unchanged at 5.75 per cent. Marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate has unchanged at 7.75 per cent.
Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) of scheduled banks: Unchanged at 4.0 per cent of net demand and time liability (NDTL).
Continuation of liquidity under overnight repos at 0.25 per cent of bank-wise NDTL at the LAF repo rate. Continuation of liquidity under 14-day term repos as well as longer term repos of up to 0.75 per cent of NDTL of the banking system through auctions.
5. K Durga Prasad appointed as DG of CRPF
1. Union Government has appointed senior IPS officer K Durga Prasad has Director General (DG) of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). Decision in this regard was taken by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
2. In another decision, ACC has appointed senior IPS officer K K Sharma as new Director General of Border Security Force (BSF). Prior to this appointment he was serving as Additional Director General (ADG) of BSF.
6. Railways launches e-tendering for works contracts
1. The Railways on Monday launched an e-tendering portal to bring transparency in the execution of works contracts and make it cost-effective for the bidders.
2. It typically invites around 25,000 tenders a year, involving an expenditure of about ₹35,000 crore for the upgradation and creation of new assets and other works.
3. Tenders involving ₹2-20 crore will be processed online till April, after which tenders of all value will be done so.
7. All wage payments to MGNREGA workers from Apr 1 through DBT: Government
1. In order to prevent leakages in the flagship rural job programme, all wage payments to MGNREGA workers will be made through Direct Benefit Transfer to bank accounts of the beneficiaries from April this year .
2. Currently, 94 per cent of the wage payments are directly deposited in the account of beneficiaries.
3. For smooth fund flow, the electronic Fund Management System (e-FMS) has been made mandatory from April 1 this year.