Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Former Prime Minister of Nepal Sushil Koirala passes away
1. Former Prime Minister of Nepal and Nepali Congress (NC) President Sushil Koirala passed away due to Pneumonia in capital city Kathmandu. He was 79.
2. Mr. Koirala was elected as 37th Prime Minister of Nepal from February 10, 2014 till September 2015. He ceased from office of PM after new republic constitution of Nepal was promulgated under his leadership. He had lost election for PM post as per new Constitution to incumbent PM Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli in October 2015.
2. Rajendra K Pachauri appointed as Executive Vice Chairman of TERI
1. Former Director General of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) Rajendra Kumar Pachauri was appointed as the Executive Vice-Chairman of the organisation with the immediate effect.
2. On the other hand, Ajay Mathur, former chief of Bureau of Energy Efficiency, was appointed as the Director General of TERI.
The post of Executive Vice Chairman has been recently created and Pachauri will be the first to hold the post.
3. Brij Bhushan Singh appointed as President of South Asian Wrestling Federation
1. The South Asian Wrestling Federation announced the appointment of Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh as its President.
2. During the General Body Meeting of South Asian Wrestling Federation held on 5 February 2016, Singh was unanimously elected as the president. Tabiur Rehman from Bangladesh was also unanimously elected Secretary General.
3. The House unanimously authorised Singh to appoint one joint secretary from India, a treasurer from Afghanistan and one executive member from each South Asia Foundation (SAF) countries.
4. Apart from the two members, Chawdhury Mohd. Ajgar of Pakistan, U.H. Neville Pdmashri from Sri Lanka and Raj Mohammed Ansari of Nepal were elected vice presidents.
4. Joshna Chinappa clinched squash individual gold at the South Asian Games
1. Joshna Chinappa clinched the gold in women's individual squash after beating Maria Toorpaki Wazir of Pakistan at the South Asian Games.
2. Top seed Chinappa recovered from one set down to beat second seeded Wazir 10-12 11-7 11-9 11-7 at the R G Baruah Sports Complex in Guwahati.
5. New Zealand cricket team won Chappell-Hadlee Trophy
1. New Zealand won the three-match Chappell-Hadlee Trophy of cricket against Australia, 2-1. In the third and final match played at Seddon Park, Hamilton, the Black Caps defeated Australia by 55 runs.
2. This win of the Black Caps can be termed as the best farewell gift for Brendon McCullum who retired from One-Day International (ODI) cricket after the match.
6. India-Nepal Combined Military Exercise Surya Kiran IX begins at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand
1. The 9th edition of India-Nepal Combined Military Exercise Surya Kiran IX has commenced at Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand. It will culminate on February 21, 2015. The 14-day-long combined battalion Level exercise is being conducted under the aegis of Panchshul Brigade of Central Command.
2. In this edition, Indian Army is being represented by Infantry Battalion while from Nepalese Army, officers and troops of the elite Shree Rudra Dhoj Battalion are participating.
7. Noted Urdu poet Nida Fazli passes away
1. Renowned Urdu Poet and well known Bollywood lyricist Nida Fazli passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra following a heart attack. He was 78 years old. He was best known among singers and fans for his elegant presentation of ghazals, nazm and dohaas.
8. Sapna Devi wins gold medal in women Wushu Taulu competition
1. India’s Sapna Devi has won gold for India in the women Wushu Taulu (Changquan) Competition at the 12th South Asian Games (SAG). She won the medal after scoring 9.45 pts.
2. The silver medal was won by Susmita Tamang of Nepal with a score of 8.72 and bronze medal was won by Nazia Parvaiz of Pakistan with a score of 6:30 pts.