Dear Bank Aspirants we are providing practice English questions set for LIC AAO and Specialist officer exam. Try to solve these Mixed Questions and share time taken to solve these Mixed Questions and share your attempt.
Directions (Q. 1- 5): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below it.
(A) To address these issues Indian corporates are increasingly turning eco-friendly.
(B) At present, however, there are only a dozen green buildings in the private sector.
(C) However, though an eco-friendly building may cost more upfront, it is cost-friendly building may cost more upfront, it is cost-effective because of lower operating costs in the long run.
(D) Today there is growing concern about global warming, energy and water crises.
(E) The reason is the construction cost of an eco- friendly building is 15% to 20% more than putting up a conventional building.
(F) Planting trees, using energy-saving lighting systems and constructing eco-friendly green buildings are some of the measures they are taking.
1. Which of the following will be the FIRST Sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following will be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following will be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following will be the SIXTH (LAST) sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following will be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10) In each of the following sentences there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by numbers (1), (2), (3)), ,(4) and (5). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningfully complete.
6. There is a common talk today that women have made the_______in many professions; that they have total freedom of opportunity, But the majority of women are still left_______at their goals and ambitions through an almost unbreakable glass ceiling.
(1) entry, inward
(2) grade, gazing
(3) progress, trying
(4) mark, projecting
(5) achievement, wondering
7. Inferring attitudes from expressed opinion has many_______People may______their attitude and express socially acceptable opinions.
(1) limitations, conceal
(2) advantages, show
(3) drawbacks, support
(4) benefits, avoid
(5) reasons, acknowledge
8. We should move towards a system where the banks can_______capital in the market with_______safeguard so that they continue to be public sector banks.
(1) improve, proper
(2) strengthen, durable
(3) raise, adequate
(4) stimulate, effective
(5) provide, delicate
9. Human Resource Management is an________of mind rather than a_________of techniques.
(1) outstanding, proposes
(2) attempt, mix
(3) evolution, measure
(4) attitude, set
(5) expertise, collection
10. Statistics is an________tool for researchers that_________them to make inferences of observations of the characteristics of samples.
(1) outstanding, proposes
(2) invaluable, proceeds
(3) invaluable, displays
(4) important, proclaims
(5) indispensable, enables
1. 4; DAFBEC