Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. Indira Gandhi International Airport wins three international awards
1. Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has won three international awards for 2015 year given by the Airports Council International (ACI). In the ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) survey, IGAI has scored 4.96 on a scale of 1 to 5.
2. Retained World’s number one airport for consecutive second year in 25 to 40 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category. Best airport by size & region Asia Pacific (25-40 MPPA). Second best airport by region (Asia Pacific).
2. Vedanta Limited won first ever auction of an Indian gold mine
1. Vedanta Limited won the nation’s first-ever gold mining lease auctioned by the Chhattisgarh Government. The company acquired the Baghmara (Sonakhan) gold mine with its highest bid of 12.55 percent of Indian Bureau of Mining (IBM) price of 74712 rupees/ troy ounce.
2. Following the auction, Vedanta will get the composite licence that includes prospecting as well as cum-mining lease.
The auction is expected to yield 82 crore rupees to the state exchequer in addition to the royalty of 25 crore rupees.
3. The mine is situated in Balodabazaar-Bhatapara district of Chhattisgarh, 130 km north-east of the state capital Raipur. It is one of the oldest explored deposits of the precious metal in Central India.
4. An estimated reserve found during the initial prospecting for gold in the region, that spreads over 607 hectares, is 2700 kg.
The four companies that participated in the auction were Rungta Mines Ltd, Vedanta Limited, Krishna Global Minerals Ltd and Sainik Mining and Allied Services Ltd.
3. Mahesh Kumar Singla committee constituted to consider ST status to 6 communities of Assam
1. The Union Government has constituted a committee to consider Scheduled Tribe status to six Communities of Assam. These six Communities are Koch Rajbongshi, Moran, Matak, Tai Ahom, Chutia and Adivasi (Tea Tribes). It will be headed by Mahesh Kumar Singla, Special Secretary (Internal Security) Ministry of Home Affairs.
2. The committee has been constituted by Union Home Ministry in consultation with the Government of Assam. It has been tasked to recommend the modalities for granting of Scheduled Tribe status for the required reservations to the 6 Communities in Assam.
4. Armaan Ebrahim won FMSCI Motorsports Man of the Year Trophy
1. Car racer Armaan Ebrahim was awarded the Motorsports Man-of-the-Year Trophy at ceremony organised by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI).
2. Ebrahim was presented with the Raymond Gautam Singhania Rolling Trophy and cash prize of 2 lakh rupees for his performance in the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia Series.
3. On the other hand, B.I. Chandhok received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution to motorsports in the country.
5. Vice Admiral HCS Bisht took charge as Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Naval Command
1. Vice Admiral HCS Bisht took over as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam.
2. Besides, Atul Kumar Jain took charge as the Chief of Staff of Eastern Naval Command on 27 February 2016. He succeeded Vice Admiral Bimal Verma.
Bimal Verma was transferred as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command at Port Blair.
6. Tamil Comedy Actor Kumarimuthu passes away
Legendary Tamil Comedian Kumarimuthu passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu due to some age-related ailments. He was 77. He was known for his comic roles and had starred in nearly 50 films in his career spanning over three-decades. He was best known for his signature laugh.
7. US actor George Kennedy passes away
US actor George Kennedy passed away in the city of Boise, Idaho. He was 91. He had won an Oscar (Academy Award) in 1968 for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of a savage chain-gang convict classic Cool Hand Luke.
8. Jet Airways appoints Amit Agarwal as Acting CEO
1. India's second largest airline Jet Airways has appointed its Chief Financial Officer Amit Agarwal as an acting Chief Executive Officer effective March 1, 2016.
2. He will function as Acting Chief Executive Officer in addition to his responsibilities as CFO of the Company, till the appointment of a new CEO.
3. Agarwal joined Jet Airways in December 2015 and has more than 24 years of experience having held leadership positions in India, Europe and North America.