Daily Current Affairs contains all major news that occurs National and International Level.It will helpful for those students who are preparing for Bank Exams- IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam , SSC Exams and all other competitive exams .
Dear Banking and SSC , Railway exam Aspirants keep reading Daily Current Affairs for upcoming Exams
1. New Aadhaar Bill introduced as money Bill in Lok Sabha
1. The Modi-led Government on Thursday introduced a new Bill in Lok Sabha that seeks to provide statutory backing to Aadhaar and enable targeted delivery of financial and other subsidies, and benefits to intended beneficiaries.
2. This Bill was introduced as a money Bill in the Lower House by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.The Congress, Left, Trinamool and Biju Janata Dal opposed the introduction of Bill as money Bill.
3. If the Lower House were to pass this Bill as a money Bill, then members of Rajya Sabha cannot bring amendments to this Bill. They could only make recommendations and also the Bill has to be returned to Lok Sabha in 14 days from the date of their receipt. Nor can the Upper House refer the Bill to a joint committee of Parliament
2. Former New Zealand cricket captain Martin Crowe dead at 53
1. Martin Crowe, a cricketer of prodigious talent who made batting appear effortless while secretly struggling with the burden of being a world-class player in otherwise modest New Zealand teams, died of cancer . He was 53.
2. Crowe was first diagnosed with aggressive follicular lymphoma in 2012 and after chemotherapy, he was thought to be in remission. But Crowe announced in September 2014 that the cancer
3. Crowe played 77 tests and 143 one-day internationals for New Zealand in a 13-year career. He scored 5,444 test runs at an average of 45.36 with 17 centuries.
3. Government gives nod to set up four SEZs including that of Infosys, Cognizant
1. The government has given approval to set up four new special economic zones including that of InfosysBSE 1.12 % Ltd and Cognizant Technologies Services in the IT sector.
2. These SEZs were given approval by the Board of Approval (BoA), chaired by Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia, in its meeting on February 23.
3. Cognizant Technologies Services Pvt Ltd has proposed to set up IT/ITeS zone at Ranga Reddy District in Telangana. It is planned at over an area of 2.51 hectares.
4. Infosys Ltd too proposed to set up sector specific SEZ for IT/ITeS in Mohali over an area of 20.23 hectares. Saltire Developers and Amin properties LLP have got "formal approval" by the board to set up IT/ITeS zones in Bangalore.
5. Kandla Port Trust, developer of multi product SEZ at Kandla, in Gujarat got one year extra till May 6, 2017 to execute its project. G P Realtors Pvt Ltd too got an extra one year till January 25, 2017 to implements it IT/ITeS zone in Haryana
6. In the Budget 2016-17, the government has extended the tax benefits to those SEZ units, which will commence commercial activity before March 31, 2020.
4. Corp Bank gets Nabard awards
1. Corporation Bank has bagged 10 awards in various categories from Nabard for 2013-14 and 2014-15. The bank has been adjudged first for 2013-14 in the following categories:
2. Overall performance under SHG (self-help group) - bank linkage programme, highest share of SHG lending to priority sector, highest number of SHGs credit linked, highest number of joint liability groups (JLGs) credit linked, highest number of SHGs credit linked by a branch (Pandavapura branch in Mysore zone), and highest average JLG loan size.
3. Jai Kumar Garg, MD and CEO of the bank, received the awards from Eugene E Karthak, Regional Director of Reserve Bank of India, in Bengaluru
5. CCS gives nod to acquire 2 AWACS from Israel
The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has cleared a proposal to purchase two Phalcon Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS), surveillance aircrafts from Israel. Decision to this effect was taken by CCS meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. This defence deal will cost India 7,500 crore rupees as per a tripartite agreement signed with Israel and Russia.
6. World Wildlife Day observed with theme The future of wildlife is in our hands
1. World Wildlife Day was observed on 3 March 2016 across the world. 2016 theme is “The future of wildlife is in our hands”, with African and Asian elephants being the main focus of global campaigns.
2. World Wildlife Day is an opportunity to celebrate the many beautiful and varied forms of wild fauna and flora and to raise awareness of the multitude of benefits that conservation provides to people. The Day reminds us of the urgent need to step up the fight against wildlife crime, which has wide-ranging economic, environmental and social impacts.
7. Mrugank Paranjape appointed as MD and CEO of MCX
1. Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX), the country's largest commodity exchange, appointed Mrugank Paranjape as its Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Office (CEO).
2. The appointment of Paranjape is valid for a period of three years, subject to prior approval from SEBI.
3. Since May 2014, the exchange was functioning without an MD. P K Singhal was handling the affairs of the exchange as joint MD.
8. Delhi became first state to launch HPV vaccine as public health programme in schools
1. Delhi became the first state in the country to launch the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine as a public health programme for school children.
2. The HPV vaccine protects people against the group of 150-odd HPVs, some of which can cause cervical cancer.
3. Key highlights of the programme
• As part of the programme, girls studying in Class VI in government schools will be targeted in the first year. This will be completed in the current academic year over two phases.
• The programme will target 1-1.5 lakh girls in the first phase.
• Children will be given two doses of the vaccine. The first and the second doses will be administered within 30 days of each other.
• A third booster dose will be given within 240 days of the first vaccine, which will be covered in the next phase.