Daily Current Affairs of 10 April 2016 for all competitive exams. Read Daily Current Affairs play important role in competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 10 April 2016
1. Haryana government constituted a two-member Commission of Inquiry, headed by former Jammu and Kashmir High Court Chief Justice S N Jha, to probe conspiracy behind violent incidents during Jat agitation from 18 to 23 February 2016.
2. The agitation in form of violence, arson and violation of human rights in Rohtak, Jhajjar, Sonepat, Jind, Hisar, Kaithal and Bhiwani during Jat Reservation Agitation left 30 people dead and heavy damage to property.
3. The commission headed by Justice (Retd.) Jha will have former IPS officer NC Padhi as its member. It has been asked to submit its report within six months from the date of its first hearing.
2. Lava names MS Dhoni as brand ambassador
1. Indian cricket legend MS Dhoni has been signed on as a brand ambassador by local handset maker Lava International.
2. MS Dhoni will be the new face of Lava's multi-channel marketing campaign as well as brand engagement activities, as the company aims to strengthen it's brand in India, where it is amongst the top five players by volume.
3. Nitish Kumar elected as JD(U) president
1. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was elected as JD(U) President, a move that would put him in complete command of the party as its seeks to expand beyond the state and prepares for the 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
2. It is for the first time that Kumar, JD(U)'s face in Bihar, has been elected president of the state-centric party. Its two previous presidents--George Fernandes and Sharad Yadav--were from outside Bihar, the state they virtually made their political home.
4. Micromax partners with Visa, TranServ for mobile payment solutions
1. Domestic handset maker Micromax will now integrate a new wallet offering, powered by Visa and TranServ, for its smartphone users as it looks to beef up its services business.
2. The Gurgaon-based firm, which had partnered TranServ in December last year, is relying heavily on payments as part of its overall service strategy.
3. Visa brings together the merchant ecosystem and TranServ takes care of the technical aspect, while Micromax already has strong service ecosystem and user base in place to use this service
4. Using the proposed payment solutions, Micromax users will be able to use mobile-based push payments using mVisa and make e-commerce payments on merchant and social media applications as well as interpersonal payments to personal contacts.
5. Forex reserves hit fresh all-time high
1. India’s foreign exchange reserves jumped by $4.2 billion last week, the biggest weekly rise in more than a year, indicating that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) took advantage of an increase in dollar inflows to buy in the foreign exchange markets.
2. Data from RBI showed that foreign exchange reserves hit a fresh all-time high of $359.76 billion as of the week ended 1 April, led by a rise of $3.5 billion in foreign currency assets.
3. The country’s reserves comprise foreign currency assets, gold and special drawing rights (SDR) that RBI holds with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).