1. China developed world's first graphene electronic paper
1. China developed a new electronic paper, which has been heralded as "the world's first graphene electronic paper. It was in news in the last of April 2016.
2. It will be a huge breakthrough that will catapult the material to a new level. It was developed by The Guangzhou OED Technologies in partnership with a company in Chongqing.
2. Senior IPS officer Surender Kumar Bhagat appointed as DG of Railways Protection Force
1. Senior IPS officer Surender Kumar Bhagat was appointed as the Director General (DG) of Railways Protection Force (RPF). His appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
2. As a DG of Railways Protection Force , Bhagat is entrusted with responsibility of protecting railway property and passengers. He will serve the Railway Board till the date of his superannuation that is on 30 June 2017.
3. Kane Williamson confirmed as New Zealand test cricket captain
1. New Zealand ace batsman Kane Williamson was confirmed as 29th test cricket captain of New Zealand cricket Team.
2. He will succeed Brendon McCullum as captain in all three formats. McCullum retired from test cricket in February 2016.
4. Charles Borromeo resigned from Tata Steel Sports Department
1. Asian Games gold medalist Charles Borromeo resigned from the post of head of the Tata Steel sports department.
2. The resignation came after the vigilance department officials of the company questioned him in connection with alleged irregularities in tender process of 4.40 crore rupees worth synthetic track laying at the JRD Tata Sports complex.
5. EC launches mobile app e-voter for Kerala assembly polls
1. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched an innovative mobile application titled e-voter with comprehensive details about the forthcoming 2016 Assembly polls in Kerala.
2. The app is envisaged for voters’ facilitation for search in electoral roll, information regarding candidates, location of polling station, affidavit filed by them, filing of complaint and so on.
6. Indian Naval Ships Veer and Nipat decommissioned
1. Indian Naval Ships (INS) Veer and Nipat were decommissioned at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2. The decommissioning ceremony of these ships was held in the presence of Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command.
7. Russia launches first rocket from new Vostochny Cosmodrome
1. Russia has successfully launched the first rocket from its newly built Vostochny Cosmodrome in the Amur Oblast, in Russian Far East region bordering China.
2. The unmanned Soyuz-2.1a rocket is carrying three satellites as payloads namely Mikhailo Lomonosov (scientific satellite), SamSat-218 (an experimental nanosatellite) and Aist-2D (a civilian distance viewing satellite). Vostochny Cosmodrome is a Russian spaceport for civilian launches under construction after it was launched in 2012. On completion in 2018, it will reduce Russia’s dependency on the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan