1. MHA constitute Madhukar Gupta committee to suggest ways to tighten security along Indo-Pak border
1. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has constituted high-level committee to suggest ways to tighten security along India-Pakistan border. The committee will be headed by former Union Home Secretary
2. Suggest a comprehensive approach to fix them on interim and permanent basis. It will submit its report in three months i.e. till June 2016.
2. Vishwanathan Anand to be honoured with Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award
1. Five-time world chess champion Vishwanathan Anand (46) will be honoured with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award. Maharashtra State Governor C Vidyasagar Rao will bestow award upon him at an event to be held in Mumbai on April 12, 2016.
3. Hollywood actress and screenwriter Barbara Turner died
1. Renowned screenwriter and Hollywood actress Barbara Turner was died . She was 79.
2. She was a screenwriter of Petulia, Georgia, Pollock and may other features for film and television.
4. China launched SJ-10 retrievable space science probe
1. China successfully launched a bullet-shaped retrievable scientific research satellite SJ-10 (Shijian-10). The satellite was launched aboard Long March 2-D rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwestern China's Gobi desert.
2. The satellite was launched with an aim to help scientists in their study of microgravity and space life science.
3. It is the second of four scientific satellites under a CAS space program. Unlike the other three, SJ-10 is returnable. SJ-10 is the 25th such retrievable satellite launched by China in the past decades.
5. Researchers developed world’s smallest diode
1. Researchers from the University of Georgia and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) developed the world's smallest diode, the size of a single molecule. The breakthrough could impact the development of molecular electronic devices.
Their study was published in journal Nature Chemistry on 4 April 2016.
2. The nanoscale diode or molecular rectifier operates like a valve to facilitate electronic current flow in one direction. A collection of these nanoscale diodes, or molecules, contains properties that resemble traditional electronic components, such as a wire, transistor or rectifier.