1. Andhra Pradesh CM launched Chandranna Bima Yojana
1. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched Chandranna Bima Yojana in Vijayawada. The Yojna launched on the occasion of May Day is an insurance scheme for the working class people.
2. The state government scheme will cover about 1.5 crore workers of the state.
3. Under the scheme any insured worker who meets an accidental death and permanent disability will be paid 5 lakh rupees. That worker who suffers partial disability will be paid a sum of 3 lakh rupees.
2. Nico Rosberg won 2016 Russian Grand Prix
1. German Formula 1 Mercedes Driver Nico Rosberg won 2016 Russian Grand Prix. It is his fourth win in a row this season.
2. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of United Kingdom stood second and Ferrari driver Kimi Räikkönen of Finland secured 3rd place in the tournament.
3. The race, contested over fifty-three laps, was held at the Sochi Autodrom in Sochi, Russia. The race was the fourth round of the 2016 season and marked the fifth running of the Russian Grand Prix and the third time as a round of the Formula One World Championship.
3. India, New Zealand ink Air Services Agreement
1. India and New Zealand have signed a landmark Air Services Agreement paving the way for introduction of direct flights between the two countries. The agreement was signed in the presence of the President Pranab Mukherjee and the New Zealand Prime Minister John Key.
2. The agreement will lead to easier air connectivity between both countries that have inhibited both business travel and people- to- people contact in the past. The Air Services Agreement was signed under the Convention of International Civil Aviation that aims to promote international air services between their respective territories.
4. Indian team win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
1. Indian women’s team has won silver medal in the recurve team final of Archery World Cup held at the Yuanshen Stadium in Shanghai, China. Women’s team comprised of Deepika Kumari, Bombayla Devi Laishram and Laxmirani Majhi.
2. In the final match they lost to Chinese Taipei team by 2-6 score. While men’s trio team and mixed pair won their respective bronze playoffs in the first stage of Archery World Cup. Indian men’s recurve team comprised of Atanu Das, Jayanta Talukdar and Mangal Singh Champia. They defeated British team by 6-0 to bag the bronze medal.
5. Maharashtra Government launches Adi Praman app for caste validity certificate
1. Maharashtra Government has launched Adi Praman, a web-based application for state’s tribal population to get the caste validity certificates online. It was launched along with portal named email@example.com by Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao. The application is first of its kind for any state in India.
2. The tribal people from the state can obtain caste validity certificates online using this application. The validity certificate will be bar-coded with a unique identification number and enable authorities to directly verify the status of validity certificate using the unique barcode number. The web portal will show the real-time status of the applications through email and text messages.