Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
> Current Affairs of May 2016
May Current Affairs Revision -1-10 May
May Current Affairs Revision -1-10 May
Daily Current Affairs- 29 May 2016
1. Narayanasamy to become new Chief Minister of Puducherry
1. Senior Congress leader and former Union Minister V Narayanasamy was unanimously elected Legislature Party leader and is all is set to become the tenth Chief Minister of Puducherry.
2. Party Senior leader and former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dixit and AICC General Secretary Mukul Wasnik, who were deputed by the Congress high command to hold consultations in this regard, told reporters at the end of the meeting that Narayanasamy’s choice was unanimous.
2. India’s first integrated web portal to promote Net Zero Energy Buildings launched
1. The Union Ministry of Power and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) launched India’s first integrated web portal designed to promote and mainstream Net Zero Energy Buildings (NZEB) in India.
2. The portal (www.nzeb.in) was launched by Secretary of Union Ministry of Power Pradeep Kumar Pujari and Ambassador Mr Jonathan Addleton, USAID Mission Director to India.
3. Lakshadweep becomes first UT to sign 24×7 ‘Power for All’ document
1. Lakshadweep became first Union Territory (UT) in the counry to sign 24×7 Power for All document. The document was signed by representative of Union Government and administration of Lakshadweep.
2. At present, 10 inhabited islands of Lakshadweep are mostly fed by diesel.
3. A plan to increase solar capacity from 2.15 MW to 8.45 MW of the island region. Envisions reduction of AT & C losses from current level of 21% to 6.7% till 2019 by increasing the collection efficiency up to 99%. As a part of energy efficiency measures, 1 lakh LED bulbs will be distributed by Lakshadweep UT administration through Energy Efficiency Services (EESL).
4. Real Madrid FC wins 2016 UEFA Champions League
1. Real Madrid FC won the 2016 UEFA Champions League for the record 11th time by defeating Atletico Madrid FC by 5-3 goals in penalty shootout. In the final played, both teams scored 1–1 goals in regulation period leading to draw.
2. For the Real Madrid goal was scored by captain Sergio Ramos (15 minutes) and for Atletico Madrid was scored by Yannick Carrasco (79th minutes). In tie-breaker penalty shootout Real Madrid FC scored 5 goals against Atletico Madrid which scored only 3 goals. Earlier Real Madrid FC had won UEFA Champions League in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2014.
5. Indian-American scientist Arnab De wins Springer Theses Award
1. Indian-American scientist Arnab De has received the prestigious Springer Theses Award. He was nominated by New York’s Columbia University for his PhD thesis.
2. He was selected for the award for his outstanding research on developing transgenic mice to study a critical tumor-suppressor A20. Arnab De also has developed peptide-based prodrugs as therapeutics for diabetes. For this he was awarded ‘Young Investigator Award’ at the American Peptide Symposium.
6. Indian author Aditi Krishnakumar wins 2016 Scholastic Asian Book Award
1. Indian author Aditi Krishnakumar has won the prestigious 2016 Scholastic Asian Book Award. She has won the award for her 32,000-word manuscript titled Codex: The Lost Treasure Of The Indus. The manuscript will be now published by Scholastic Asia. 2. Presently Aditi Krishnakumar is working with Agent Lila Raman to decipher the mysterious script of the Indus Valley civilization. He first published book ‘A Whole Summer Long’ in 2012 was also shortlisted for the Scholastic Asian Book Award 2014.
7. Trial run of Talgo train with speed up to 115 kmph conducted
1. The trial of Spanish train Talgo, the lighter and faster vehicle whose speed goes up to 115 kms per hour, was conducted between Bareilly and Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh as part of the Railways' strategy to increase the speed of trains.
2. The train left Bareilly at 9.05 AM, moved at a speed ranging between 80-115 km per hour, and reached Moradabad at 10.15 AM .