Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
> Current Affairs Booster of May 2016
Daily Current Affairs- 19 June 2016
1. Australia wins 2016 Champions Trophy title of Hockey
1. Australia has won the 2016 Champions Trophy title of Hockey by defeating India by 3-1 score. With this victory, Australia created history by winning the title for record 14 times. In the final match played at London (United Kingdom), both teams in regulation period failed to score goals.
2. However in the penalty shootout Australia managed to defeated India by scoring 3 goals to 1 goal. For Australia, in penalty shootout goals were scored by Aran Zalewski, Daniel Beale and Simon Orchard. For India, the single goal was scored by Harmanpreet Singh. With this defeat India settled for the silver medal.
1. India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has launched IT Innovation Start-up Fund to support start-ups in the financial technology (fintech) space.
2. The fund has corpus of 200 crore rupees. It will provide assistance of up to 3 crore rupees to a company registered in India for promoting their business innovations using information technology for banking and related activities SBI also has formed a mentoring team to assist start-ups which will facilitate and guide business, extending help in various areas including additional funding requirement.
3. The team will also monitor and make a report on the progress and the utilisation of the funds by the start-ups. Besides, it will also give financial and external legal assistance to start-ups as and when required.
3. 106-year-old Aida Gemanque becomes oldest Olympic torch bearer
1. Three years after becoming the world's oldest skydiver, Aida Gemanque became the oldest Olympic torch bearer on Saturday when she carried the flame in the Amazonian city of Macapa, aged 106.
2. Gemanque broke the record formerly held by Alexander Kaptarenko, who was 101 when he took part in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics relay.