Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
> Current Affairs Booster of May 2016
Daily Current Affairs- 4-5th June 2016
1. Assam Assembly has passed Assam Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2016 to facilitate ease of doing business in the state. The bill seeks to attract fresh investment in the state through an easy computerised clearance system.
2. The bill has the provision for speedy processing of applications and issue of clearances for setting up industries. The basic aim of the bill is to create an investment-friendly environment for economic development of the state.
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali passes away
1. American boxing icon Muhammad Ali passed away after 32-year battle with Parkinson’s disease in Phoenix, Arizona. He was 74.
2. He was former three times world heavyweight champion (1964, 1974 and 1978) who had record-setting boxing career, which had made him one of the best-known figures of the 20th century. He was also known globally for his civil rights activism.
India, Singapore agree to enhance scale of military interaction
1. India and Singapore have agreed to enhance the scale of existing bilateral military interaction and decided to expand the interaction between the armed forces.
2. Decision in this regard, was taken at inaugural Singapore-India Defence Ministers’ Dialogue (DMD). The Dialogue was co-chaired by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his Singapore counterpart Dr. Ng Eng Hen.
3. Besides, both ministers issued a joint statement after the meeting to strongly condemned terrorism and renewed their commitment to cooperation in counter terrorism efforts. It also emphasised the importance of safeguarding maritime security in international waterways.
India ranks 70th on 2015 Good Country Index
1. In recently released 2015 Good Country Index (GCI), India has been placed at 70th position in the list of 163 countries. The list has been topped by Sweden as the best country in the world when it comes to serving the interests of its people and contributing to the common good of humanity.
2. Top 10 Countries in 2015 GCI: Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Germany, Finland, Canada, France, Austria and New Zealand. Libya was ranked as the least good country in the world in 2015 GCI.
PM Modi, Ghani inaugurates Afghan-India Friendship Dam
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghanistan President Dr Ashraf Ghani jointly inaugurated the Afghan-India Friendship Dam with in Herat province in Western Afghanistan on 4 June 2016.
2. The Dam was earlier known as Salma Dam on the river Chist-e-Sharif in western Herat neighbouring Iran. It will irrigate 75000 hectares of land and generate 42 Mega Watts of power.
3. At the inaugural function, Afghan Presresident connferred the the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan, the Amir Amanullah Khan Award on Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Nita Ambani nominated for International Olympic Committee
1. Nita Ambani, Founder and Chairperson of Reliance Foundation has been nominated as a candidate to be a new member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
2. She is the first Indian woman to be nominated to the IOC and is being considered in the category of volunteers who represent the IOC and Olympic Movement in their country.
3. If she gets elected at the IOC Session scheduled from August 2 to 4, 2016 at the 129th IOC Session in Rio de Janeiro, she will become the first Indian woman to be on the apex sporting body.
India, Qatar ink 7 agreements to boost cooperation
1. India and Qatar signed seven agreements, including one on finance intelligence to check money laundering and terrorism financing and another to woo foreign investment in the infrastructure sector from the gas-rich Gulf state.
2. Cooperation and investment in areas of skill development and education, health, tourism and sports between the two countries were the other agreements signed by Indian and Qatar officials in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.
3. An MoU was signed between Qatar Investment Authority and External Affairs Ministry for investment in National Investment and Infrastructure Fund between the two countries that would facilitate foreign investment from the gas-rich Gulf state.
4. An MoU signed between Finance Intelligence Unit - India (FIU-IND) and the Qatar Financial Information Unit (QFIU) would help in tracking money flow and investment from Qatar to India. It would also help authorities to safeguard against money laundering, terrorism financing and other economic offences.
BRICS bank to issue first Yuan-denominated bonds
1. The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries is set to issue its first yuan-denominated bonds to finance sustainable development projects.
2. The NDB’s first five-year yuan-denominated bonds (or green bonds) will be issued after receiving a rating from international ratings agencies as well as getting authorities’ approval. Further, the NDB plans to release more bonds in local currencies including in Indian Rupee if the bank’s board and local authorities endorse the project plans.
Garbine Muguruza won French Open 2016
1. Garbine Muguruza won her first Grand Slam title by beating defending champion Serena Williams 7-5, 6-4 at the French Open denying the American her record-equalling 22nd major trophy.
2. The fourth-seeded Muguruza, a 22-year-old from Spain, used her big groundstrokes to keep No. 1 Williams off-balance and overcame signs of nerves in the form of nine double-faults to pull off the surprise.
3. Muguruza also managed to deal with Williams’ dangerous serve, breaking three consecutive times from late in the first set to early in the second.
4. This was Muguruza’s second major final; she lost to Williams at Wimbledon last year. But Muguruza has won her past two matches against Williams on the clay of Roland Garros, including in the second round in 2014.