Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
> Current Affairs Booster of May 2016
Daily Current Affairs- 6th June 2016
1. Suresh Prabhu launches Tiger Trail Circuit Train on World Environment Day
1. Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu flagged off the inaugural run of the Tiger Trail Circuit Train from Delhi Safdarjung Station.
2. The launch of this Tiger Express on World Environment Day is to highlight the significance of environment.
The most important objective of the train is to create and spread awareness about the wildlife in general and the tiger in particular.
2. World’s first 3D printed plane THOR unveiled by Airbus
1. The world’s first 3D-printed aircraft THOR was unveiled by European aerospace company, Airbus at the International Aerospace Exhibition held in Schoenefeld, Germany. The THOR is short for Test of High-tech Objectives in Reality. It resembles a large, white model airplane but is windowless.
2. THOR’s inaugural flight was conducted near Hamburg, Germany in November 2015. Aerospace companies like Airbus and Boeing already are using 3D printing technology to make parts for their huge passenger jets A350 and B787 Dreamliner.
3. V Narayanasamy sworn-in as Chief Minister of Puducherry
1. Congress Legislature Party leader V Narayanasamy was sworn-in as Chief Minister of the Union Territory of Puducherry . Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi administered his oath of office and secrecy along with five ministers at Gandhi Thidal in Beach Road.
2. Five Congress legislators who were also sworn-in as ministers are A Namassivayam, Shah Jahan, Malladi Krishna Rao, M Kandasamy and R Kamalakannan.
4. Leander Paes, Martina Hingis won 2016 French Open Mixed Doubles tennis title
1. India’s ace tennis player Leander Paes and Martina Hingis of Switzerland on 3 June 2016 won the French Open Mixed Doubles title.
2. To win the title, the duo defeated the Indo-Croatian pair Sania Mirza and Ivan Dodig 4-6 6-4 10-8.
3. With this win, Paes completed a Career Slam in mixed doubles with Martina Hingis. Earlier, he won Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open titles in 2015 with Hingis.
5. N K Chari takes over as MD of State Bank of Mysore
1. N.K. Chari took over as the Managing Director (MD) of State Bank of Mysore.
2. The State Bank of Mysore is one of the associate banks of State Bank of India (SBI).
3. Prior to his new position, N.K. Chari served as the Deputy Managing Director of State Bank of India.He joined State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer in September 1978.
6. 05 June: World Environment Day
1. Every year World Environment Day (WED) is observed on 5 June to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and the planet Earth.
2. Go Wild for Life (Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife) This year’s theme seeks to encourage conservation of all those species under threat and calls for taking action to help safeguard them for future generations.
7. PM Narendra Modi conferred Afghanistan’s highest civilian honour
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with Amir Amanullah Khan Award, the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan. 2. The award was bestowed upon him at the inaugural function of the Afghan-India Friendship Dam (Salma Dam) by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani. The award is named after Afghan national hero Amanullah Khan who championed the cause of Afghanistan’s freedom.
8. Novak Djokovic wins 2016 French Open title
1. World Number One tennis player Novak Djokovic from Serbia has won the 2016 French Open title in the men’s singles category. In the final match, Djokovic defeated Britain’s Andy Murray by 3-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 score. It is his first French Open title and completed the career Grand Slam.
2. It was Djokovic’s 12th major title and he became the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four Grand Slams at once. He also becomes only the eighth man in history of tennis to have won all four of the sport’s major singles prizes.
9. India’s first Mr Universe Manohar Aich passes away
1. India’s first Mr Universe and eelebrated body-builder Manohar Aich passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal age-related ailments. 2. He was 104. Manohar Aich had won the Mr. Universe title in 1952 and was nicknamed ‘Pocket Hercules’ due to his 4-feet, 11-inch frame. He was also nicknamed “Bahubali”.
10. Indian judoka Avtar Singh qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympic Games
1. South Asian Games gold medallist Indian judoka Avtar Singh has qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games scheduled to be held in August 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
2. He has qualified under 90kg weight category under the continental quota. His current world Ranking is 79 with 182 points. Avtar Singh hails from Gurdaspur, Punjab. He had won a gold in South Asian Games held in Shillong in February 2o16. He also had won bronze medal in Asian Junior Judo Championships in 2011.