Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
> Current Affairs Booster of May 2016
Daily Current Affairs- 1st July 2016
1. First squadron of LCA Tejas inducted into Indian Air Force
1. The first squadron of indigenously designed and manufactured Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas was inducted into Indian Air Force (IAF). State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) handed over the first two Tejas aircrafts to IAF as part squadron at the Aircraft System Testing Establishment in Bengaluru.
2. The first squadron of LCA Tejas has been named as ‘Flying Daggers’. Its base will be located in Sulur, Tamil Nadu. It will have total 20 aircrafts, including 4 trainers. However, the two aircrafts will be operated initially by the squadron at Bengaluru for nearly two years. Remaining 18 aircraft including 4 trainers will be inducted at Sulur base in 2018.
2. India’s first integrated Defence Communication Network launched
1. India’s first integrated Defence Communication Network (DCN) was launched by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in South Block, Delhi The network will enable India Army, Air force, Navy and the Special Forces Command to share situational awareness for a faster decision-making process.
2. India’s first integrated Defence Communication Network (DCN) was launched by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in South Block, Delhi The network will enable India Army, Air force, Navy and the Special Forces Command to share situational awareness for a faster decision-making process.
3. Eminent Marathi literary scholar RC Dhere passes away
1. Renowned Marathi literary scholar Dr. Ramchandra Chintaman Dhere passed away after prolonged illness in Pune, Maharashtra. He was 86. He was an Insightful scholar who has unraveled the Cultural linkage between the past and the present through his path-breaking literally research.
2. Born on 21 July 1930 at Nigade village near Pune. He had completed his graduation in 1966. He got his Ph.D. in 1975 and was honored with D.Lit. in 1980 by Pune University. Since 1955 he has been writing on various subjects including saint literature, Folk deities and gods, Bhakti cult, Holy places, Folk literature, Folk culture and Folk art in India.
4. Rodrigo Duterte sworn in as Philippines’ president
1. Rodrigo Duterte was sworn in as the Philippines' 16th president inside the Malacanang presidential palace in Manila. He will have a six-year term.
The first Mindanaoan president of the country, Duterte succeeds Benigno Aquino III.
2. Firebrand leader Duterte’s anti-crime programme includes plans to reintroduce the death penalty, issuing shoot-to-kill orders to the security services and offering them bounties for the bodies of drug dealers. He has also called on people to kill suspected criminals
5. Railways Ministry launches NIVARAN portal for employees' grievances redressal
1. The Railways Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 30 June 2016 launched NIVARAN portal, an online system for redressal of service related grievance of serving current and former railway employees.
2. The Portal is developed by CRIS, the IT arm of Indian Railways, on the basis of process designed by Establishment directorate of Railway Board which deals with staff matters.
3. Highlights of the NIVARAN portal
• This new initiative is a portal for the internal Grievance Redressal of Railway Employees & Former Railway Employees.
• It facilitates the employees to lodge their grievances and also monitor their progress.
• The system would also provide facility for lodging appeal to the higher authority in case the decision is not found satisfactory.
• Highest controlling authorities shall also be able to monitor the progress of grievance redressal by field offices.
6. Union HRD Ministry launches teacher education portal Prashikshak
1. The Union Minister for Human Resource Development Smriti Zubin Irani on 30 June 2016 launched the Prashikshak, a teacher education portal, with a vision to strengthen District Institutes of Education and Training (DIETs) and bring quality teachers into the Indian school education system.
2. For now, Prashiskshak Portal works only for DIETs, however it will cover block level institutes in the future and identify gaps at the bottom of the pyramid.
3. Highlights of the Portal
• Prashikshak is a unique IT initiative, a first of its kind in the country, which will contain a comprehensive database of all DIETs in the country with all relevant performance indicators.
• It will help benchmark DIETs to enable aspiring teachers to make informed choices about their future.
7. Argentina women’s team wins 2016 Champions Trophy title of Hockey
1. Argentina women’s team has won the 2016 Champions Trophy title of Hockey by defeating Netherlands. In the final match played at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre in London, UK, Argentina women’s team defeated Netherlands by 2-1 goals.
2. With this victory, Argentina women’s team has won the Champions Trophy title of Hockey for record seventh time. Earlier they had won it in 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014. In 2016 title, goals Argentinean team were scored by Martina Cavallero and Noel Barrionuev. For the Netherlands team single goal was scored by Maartje Paumen.
8. Medium range surface-to-air missile developed by India, Israel successfully test-fired
1. The medium range surface-to-air missile missile (MR-SAM) developed jointly by India and Israel was successfully test-fired. During the test, the missile was launched from a mobile launcher in the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. After getting signal from the radars, the missile successfully intercepted a moving aerial target supported by unmanned air vehicle (UAV) ‘Banshee’.
2. The MR-SAM has been developed jointly by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), a laboratory of the DRDO in collaboration with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI). The missile consists of Multi-Functional Surveillance and Threat Alert Radar (MF-STAR) system for detection, tracking and guidance.