Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
1. Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale sworn in as Chief Justice of Allahabad HC
1. Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale was sworn in as the new Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court. He succeeds Justice D.Y. Chandrachud who was appointed judge of Supreme Court. He was administered oath of office was administered by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik in Allahabad as per Article 219 of Constitution.
2. 30 July: World Day against Trafficking in Persons
1. The World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed across the world on 30 July to raise awareness of the plight of victims of human trafficking and to protect their rights. Human trafficking is the trade of humans, most commonly for the purpose of forced labour, sexual slavery or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others.
2. The International Labour Organization (ILO) estimates that 21 million people around the world are victims of forced labour. This estimate also includes victims of human trafficking for labour and sexual exploitation.
3. Syed Nayeemuddin conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna
1. The Mohun Bagan FC has conferred club’s highest decoration Mohun Bagan Ratna (jewel) on legendary Indian Footballer Syed Nayeemuddin. With this, he became 16th recipient of the prestigious award which is bestowed upon person for making seminal contribution to the success of the club.
4. AAAI confers Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 on Srinivasan Swamy
1. Srinivasan K Swamy, popularly known as Sundar, was conferred with the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award by the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) on 29 July 2016.The award was bestowed on him in Mumbai.
5. Pashudhan Bima Yojana launched in Haryana
1. Haryana Government launched Pashudhan Bima Yojana in Jhajjar. The Yojna was launched by the state’s Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister, O P Dhankar.
2. The Yojna was started in accordance to the recommendations made in Swaminathan Report.Dhankar said that the Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department has set a target to cover one lakh cattle under Pashudhan Bima Yojana.
6. Joint Indo-Thailand Military Exercise ‘Maitree’ culminates
1. The Indo-Thailand Military Exercise Maitree concluded on 29 July 2016 at Krabi, Thailand. The exercise had commenced on 15 July 2016 under the aegis of the Royal Thailand Army.
2. The aim of the joint exercise was to train contingents of both the armies on conduct of counter terrorist operations in an urban environment.
7. First BRICS Employment Working Group meeting held in Hyderabad
1. The first-ever meeting of BRICS Employment Working Group (BEWG) was held in Hyderabad, Telangana from July 27 to 28, 2016. The agenda of the two day meeting was to shape the agenda for labour and employment track in BRICS countries.
2. BRICS member countries were able to reach a consensus on employment generation, social security agreement and networking of labour institutes. The meeting set the agenda to promote decent work and promote job creation between BRICS countries.
8. Gujarat names J N Singh as new Chief Secretary
1. The Gujarat government on Saturday appointed Dr Jagdip Narayan Singh, a Gujarat-cadre IAS of 1983 batch as Chief Secretary of the State. Singh replaces 1981-batch IAS Ganga Ram Aloria on his retirement from the service.
2. Singh, who currently holds multiple charges in the Gujarat Government including Additional Chief Secretary at Finance Department and the Managing Director of state energy major, GSPC Group and its Group companies will take charge as the Chief Secretary on July 31.