Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
1. Strategic Forces Command exempted from ambit of RTI
1. The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) which forms part of the National Command Authority (NCA) has been added to the Second Schedule of the Right to Information Act (RTI), 2005.
2. In this regard, Union Government has issued a notification mentioning SFC has been brought under sub-section (2) of Section 24 of the RTI. The Section 24 of the RTI exempts security and intelligence establishments from its purview.
2. Exim Bank raises $1 bn from overseas bonds
1. Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on Sunday said it has raised $1 billion via a 10-year bond issue at a coupon rate of 3.375 per cent.
2. The funds raised will be used by the Bank to support Indian project exports, overseas investments by way of long-term credit and its lines of credit portfolio.
3. Exim Bank, which is a government-owned export finance institution, had commenced operations in 1982 under the Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Government of India launched the institution with a mandate to not just enhance exports from India, but also to integrate the country’s foreign trade and investment with the overall economic growth.
3. Rani Nair set to be new CBDT Chairperson
1. Senior IRS officer Rani Singh Nair is set to be appointed as the new CBDT Chairperson with incumbent Atulesh Jindal retiring today.
2. Nair, a 1979-batch Indian Revenue Service officer of the Income-Tax cadre, is currently working as Member (Legislation and Computerisation) in the Central Board of Direct Taxes, the policy-making body of the I-T Department.
4. Skydiver becomes first person to jump and land without chute
1. A 42-year-old skydiver with more than 18,000 jumps made history when he became the first person to leap without a parachute and land in a net instead.
2. After a two-minute freefall, Luke Aikins landed dead centre in the 100-by-100-foot net on Saturday at the Big Sky movie ranch on the outskirts of Simi Valley.
3. As cheers erupted, Mr. Aikins quickly climbed out, walked over and hugged his wife, Monica, who had been watching from the ground with their 4-year-old son, Logan, and other family members.