Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
Daily Current Affairs- 6 July 2016
1. Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail (ABFRL) on 5 July 2016 acquired global clothing brand Forever 21 in the Indian market for 26 million US dollars.
2. Forever 21 has a network of more than 700 stores worldwide. Its India operations reported a turnover of 262 crore rupees in 2015-16.
2. Union Cabinet approves National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
1. The Union Cabinet on 5 July 2016 approved the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme to train 50 lakh apprentices by 2019-20.
2. The Scheme involving an outlay of 10000 crore rupees will catalyze the entire apprenticeship ecosystem in the country.
It will offer a win-win situation for all stakeholders and is expected to become one of the most powerful skill-delivery vehicles in the country.
3. The Scheme would be implemented by Director General of Training (DGT) under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
3. Union Cabinet approves setting up a Major port at Enayam near Colachel in Tamil Nadu
1. The Union Cabinet has given its in-principle approval for setting up a Major port at Enayam near Colachel in Tamil Nadu. On completion the port will become country’s 13th major port.
2. The Enayam Major Port project seeks to make India a trans-shipment hub for the global East-West maritime trade route. Enayam Major Port project For development of this port, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) will be formed with initial equity investment from the three Major Ports in Tamil Nadu. They are V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust, Kamarajar Port Limited and Chennai Port Trust.
4. World’s largest charkha unveiled at Delhi’s IGI airport
1. The world’s largest Charkha was unveiled at the Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) in New Delhi. It was unveiled by the Union Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Kalraj Mishra to remind India’s timeless heritage and the values of sustainability and harmony that it stands for.
2. The Charkha made from high-quality Burma teak wood. It weighs four-tones and is 9 feet wide, 17 feet tall and 30 feet long.
5. Para swimmer Niranjan Mukundan wins eight medals in 2016 IWAS World Games
1. Para swimmer Niranjan Mukundan has won eight medals at the recently-concluded IWAS (International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports) U-23 World Games held in Prague, Czech Republic. Of the 8 medal’s Niranjan bagged three gold medals in 50m butterfly, 200m freestyle and 50m breaststroke events.
2. He won two silver medals in 100m fly and 50m freestyle, and three bronze medals in 100m freestyle, 100m breaststroke and 100m backstroke events. Earlier in the 2015 edition of the IWAS Games, Niranjan had created a record for highest number of individual medals, raking in 10 medals in all the events that he participated in.