Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
Daily Current Affairs- 9 July 2016
1. Captain Radhika Menon became the first woman in the world to receive the Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea for the year 2016 from the International Maritime Organisation (IMO). She will be bestowed with this award for saving the lives of seven fishermen, whose hopes of survival were all over.
2. The award will be presented to her at the ceremony set to take place at IMO Headquarters in London on 21 November 2016. She was chosen by 116th session of IMO Council meeting held in London.
2. Union Government launches KVK portal for monitoring of farm centres
1. The Union Government has launched Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) portal (http://kvk.icar.gov.in). It was launched by Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh in New Delhi.
2. The portal aims to provide information and advisory to the farmers and facilitate online monitoring of the KVK activities.
Provides provisions for online monitoring of KVKs. Reporting of major events of KVKs on regular basis and submission of monthly reports online.
3. Second phase of Haritha Haram programme launched in Telangana
1. The second phase of Haritha Haram programme of Telangana government was launched in the state .
Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao participated in the plantation programme at Gundrampalli near Chityal in Nalgonda district by planting a Neem sapling.Ministers, legislators, officials besides a large number of school children and MGNREGA workers have been asked to take up similar plantations across the state.
2. The two-week long Haritha Haram programme aims at planting 46 crore plants, including 25 lakh in Hyderabad, to improve green belt in the state.
• The trees were planted over 163 kms of highway by over a lakh of people on the first day of the programme.
1. Legendary Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi, who had dedicated his life to humanity and serving the poor, has died here from renal failure.
2. 92-year-old Edhi died late last night after facing respiratory problem during dialysis due to his frail health.
3. He was accorded a state funeral with tens of thousands of people including President Mamnoon Hussain and army chief General Raheel Sharif attending his funeral.
4. Edhi, who had dedicated his life to humanity and serving the poor, was widely respected in Pakistan due to his humanitarian and social welfare works.