Dear SSC Aspirants, practice General studies questions for upcoming CGL 2016 and Other exams.
(a) part I of the Constitution
(b) part III of the Constitution
(c) part IV-A of the Constitution
(d) none of the above parts of the Constitution
2. Who of the following was not a member of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constitution?
(a) B.R. Ambedkar
(b) K.M. Munshi
(c) Alladi Krishnaswami Ayyar
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
3. Which one of the following qualifications for the office of the Vice-President of India has been wrongly listed?
(a) he must be a citizen of India
(b) he must have completed the age of thirty-five years
(c) he must be a member of the Rajya Sabha
(d) he must not hold any office of profit under the Government of India or the Government of any State or under any local or other authority, subject to the control of said governments
4. The Speaker of the Legislative Assembly can be removed from the office before his normal term by :
(a) the Chief Minister
(b) the Governor
(c) the Legislative Assembly by passing a resolution by a majority or its total membership.
(d) none of the above
5. The vacancy in the office of the President must be filled up within :
(a) 90 days
(b) 6 months
(c) one year
(d) the period decided by the Parliament
6. MANREGA scheme has been launched as a part of implementing which one of the following articles of the Indian Constitution ?
(a) Article 43
(b) Article 45
(b) Article 47
(d) Article 50
7. Which one of the following terms does not appear in the Constitution of India?
(a) Annual Financial Statement
(b) Appropriation Bill
(d) Consolidated Fund of India
8. The first amendment to the constitution carried out in 1951 related to
(a) Security of the country
(b) Security of the Prime Minister
(c) Protection of agrarian reforms in certain state
(d) Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
9. The constitution of India does not contain any provision for the impeachment of
(a) The president
(b) The Governor of state
(c) The Chief Justice of India
(d) The Vice President of India
10. How many types of emergencies have been envisaged under the Indian Constitution?