Dear Readers Examguruadda.in presents Current Affairs quiz of 17-18August 2016 that cover important current affair events. Current Affairs quiz prepared according to the latest Bank, SSC and other competitive exams.
Current Affairs Quiz collection of June 2016
GK Booster of July 2016
Current Affairs Quiz of 17-18 August 2016
1. Who headed the NGT committee to assess the damage caused by the World Culture Festival of Art of Living Foundation to the Yamuna flood plain in March 2016?
Ans- Shashi Shekhar
2. Name the renowned Punjabi writer and Jnanpith awardee who passed away recently?
Ans- Gurdial Singh
3. Which city hosted the 1st National Conference of Investigating Agencies?
Ans- New Delhi
4. Name the former FIFA president and IOC member who died recently?
Ans- Joao Havelange
5. Who won India’s first medal at Rio Olympics 2016 ?
Ans- Wrestler Sakshi Malik
6. Which Indian Tennis pair clinched the Abierto Mexicano Los Cabos title in Mexico?
Ans- Purav Raja and Divij Sharan
7. What is India's rank in a list of most innovative economies?
8. Which Indian music composer who was recently honoured with the Tamil Ratna Award?
Ans- A R Rahman
9. Tata Power Solar commissions 100 MW project for NTPC in which State?
Ans- Andhra Pradesh
10. Who has been appointed as the Governor of Manipur recently?
Ans- Najma A. Heptulla