Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
Daily Current Affairs- 19th August 2016
1. Maharashtra launches India’s first Crime Criminal Tracking Network System
1. The Maharashtra Government became first state in the country to launch India’s first comprehensive ‘Crime Criminal Tracking Network System’ (CCTNS) in Mumbai. It was launched through the operationalisation of 34 cyber laboratories across the state in order to combat growing cybercrimes.
2. The CCTNS has been developed by Pune based Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC). Under it, all police stations in the state will be linked with one another for sharing information about crimes in their respective jurisdictions. It will pave the way for a digital police force in Maharashtra. The services of the cyber labs, will be linked by secure high-speed fibre optic cable network.
1. Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal launched TARANG Mobile App, e-Trans and DEEP e-bidding web portals in New Delhi.
2. They were developed by Rural Electrification Corporation Transmission Projects Company Limited (RECTPCL), a subsidiary of REC Ltd.
3. The initiatives were launched keeping in line with the Digital India initiative. The primarily seek to enhance transparency in power sector.
1. Noted Odia actor and director Gobind Tej passed away while undergoing treatment at a hospital in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He was 88. In his career spanning over 50 years, he has contributed in many Odia feature films either as an actor, director or producer.
1. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Kanpur has adopted five villages in Uttar Pradesh under the Namami Gange programme. These five villages are Ramel Nagar, Khoyra Katree, Pratapur, Hari Hindpur, and Katri Ladhva Khera.
2. Under the initiative, IIT-Kanpur will use its expertise to restrict the flow of sewage into the River Ganga. The task will be undertaken by the institute’s civil engineering department. It will ensure that sewage water is not disposed of in the river, and also keep a check on quality of drinking water and sanitation.
5. Sachin Tendulkar adopts village in Osmanabad under SAGY
1. Former Cricketer and Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar has selected Donja village in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra for development under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna (SAGY).
2. Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is a rural development programme.
3. Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana, launched in October 2014.
1. Hindi scholar and writer Sunita Jain was awarded the prestigious 25th Vyas Samman 2015 for her poetry collection "Kshama".
2. West Bengal Governor K N Tripathi conferred the award on the scholar.
3. The award instituted by the K K Birla Foundation carries a cash prize of Rs 2.50 lakh. It is given annually to outstanding literary work in Hindi authored by an Indian citizen.