Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
1. Patna Pirates wins 4th season of Pro Kabaddi League
1. The Patna Pirates have won the fourth edition of STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League by defeating Jaipur Pink Panthers. With this win Patna Pirates has become first team to defend its title which they won in the third season in March 2016.
2. In the final match played at Gachibowli Stadium, Hyderabad (Telangana) the defending champion defeated Jaipur Pink Panthers by 37-29 score. The Puneri Paltan was placed at the third place in this edition after they defeated Telugu Titans by 40-35 score.
2. Railway Ministry launches maiden Agartala to Delhi broad gauge train service
1. The Union Railway Ministry has flagged off the maiden broad gage train service dubbed as ‘Tripura Sundari Express’ from Agartala (Tripura) to Delhi. It was flagged off by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
2. With this, the landlocked north eastern state of Tripura entered the broad gauge railway map of the country.
3. The ‘Tripura Sundari Express’ will run weekly between Anand Vihar (Delhi) and Agartala (Tripura). The train service will cover distance of 2461 kms in 46 hours and 50 minutes. It will have commercial stoppages at 16 stations. The train will leave Agartala for Anand Vihar (Delhi) every Thursday and will leave Anand Vihar for the return journey every Monday.
3. Union Government constitutes DISHA for timely implementation of Central Schemes
1. The Union Government has constituted the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) for effective development and coordination of Central Government’s programme.
2. It will be known as DISHA and first meeting will be held on August 13, 2016. It will monitor the implementation of 28 schemes and programmes of Union Ministry of Rural Development and other Ministries to promote synergy and convergence for greater impact.
3. The main purpose of the DISHA is to coordinate with Central and State and local Panchayat Governments. It has been created for effective coordination and development of Central Government’s programme for infrastructure development or Social and human resource development.
4. India to host 2016 Kabaddi World Cup
1. India is going to host 2016 Kabaddi World Cup scheduled to be held in October 2016. It was announced by the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF).
2. In this edition of World Cup 12 international teams are going to participate. They are US, India, UK, Australia, Canada, Poland, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, South Korea, Japan and Kenya. Star Sports has been announced as the official broadcaster of the World Cup.
3. Kabaddi became a part of Asian Games in 1990 and India has won all the gold medals since. In recent times the popularity of sport is growing fast and also had made breakthrough on a global stage ProKabaddi League.
5. Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari sworn in as Chief Justice Of Patna High Court
1. Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari has been sworn-in as the 39th Chief Justice of Patna High Court. He was administered oath to the office by Bihar Governor Ramnath Kovind as per Article 219 of constitution at a function in Raj Bhawan, Patna. He will retire on October 29, 2016.
2. He was born on October 29, 1954. He had completed BSc. from Darrang College, Tezpur and also had completed graduation in law from Tezpur Law College. He had joined Assam Judicial Service in 1991. He had served as District & Sessions Judge at Dibrugarh, Karimganj and Nagaon.
6. PM Narendra Modi flags off Run for Rio
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Run for Rio’, an event to encourage the Indian contingent at the 2016 Rio Olympics beginning on August 5, 2016.
2. The 5km run was flagged off from Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium to the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi. In this event thousands of school children and youths had participated to express the nation’s support to the 119 Indian athletes who have qualified for the Rio Olympics.
2. The event was organised by Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports. Prime Minister also released the Olympic Brochure.