Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
Daily Current Affairs- 26th August 2016
1. Cristiano Ronaldo wins UEFA Best Player in Europe award
1. Cristiano Ronaldo won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for 2015-16. He won the award for the second time in three years.
Ronaldo defeated Antoine Griezmann and Gareth Bale to bag the honours.
2. Ronaldo scored 35 goals for Real Madrid in La Liga and 16 goals in Champions League competition in 2015. He scored three goals for Portugal at Euro 2016.
3. Ada Hegerberg was voted the winner of the UEFA Best Women's Player in Europe Award for 2015-16 ahead of Amandine Henry and Dzsenifer Marozsan.
4. In 2014-15, Barcelona's Lionel Messi was the winner of the award. Ronaldo joins Messi as the only player to win the award twice.
5. On the other hand, Messi won the UEFA Goal of the Season award for 2015-16.
2. G Satheesh Reddy conferred first IEI-IEEE Award
1. G. Satheesh Reddy, Indian aerospace scientist, on 25 August 2016 was conferred the first IEI-IEEE Award for engineering excellence 2015.
2. The award is in recognition of Reddy’s significant national contributions towards missiles and aerospace technologies.
3. The award was presented by the Institution of Engineers (India) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Asia Pacific region. It was presented during the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ 50th anniversary.
3. South India's first Children's Court inaugurated in Hyderabad
1. First Children's Court was inaugurated in Hyderabad. Moreover, it was also the first Children Court in South India. However, two other states Goa and Delhi have already got their child friendly court.
2. The court was jointly inaugurated by acting High Court Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan and TS director general of police (DGP) Anurag Sharma. It was presided by T Rajani, Metropolitan Sessions judge, and Dr Soumya Misra, inspector general of police (IG), Crime Investigation Department.
3. ighlights of the Children's Court
• Features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for the accused will be available.
• The child (witness/victim) will be allowed direct interaction with the judge.
• The accused, who will be at a different location, will be able to view and hear the proceedings via two-way video conferencing in the courtroom
• A two-way video communication system will allow the child witness to identify the accused on camera.
4. Thongchai Jaidee becomes Asian Tour Golfer for July 2016
1. Thailand’s Thongchai Jaidee was voted as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of the Month for July 2016.
2. Thongchai won the award ahead of Chinese Taipei's Chan Shih-chang and Carlos Pigem of Spain. They were nominated by a selection panel before going into a voting process.
5. Abhinav Bindra to Head NRAI Review Committee on Rio Debacle
1. National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) constituted a five-member review committee to probe the shooters' Rio Games debacle.
2. The committee will be headed by India's first and only individual Olympic gold-medallist Abhinav Bindra. The committee has been asked to submit the report within a maximum period of four weeks.
3. Mandate of the committee
• To examine and identify the causes behind shooting not securing any medals at the Rio Olympics.
• To recommend concrete steps that NRAI must immediately undertake to ensure that this is not repeated in future Olympics.
Other members of the committee include former tennis player Manisha Malhotra, who has also been appointed Convenor of the committee, NRAI Secretary Rajiv Bhatia and two journalists.
6. RBI asks banks to extend loans to women SHGs at 7% rate
1. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks to provide loans up to Rs 3 lakh at 7 per cent interest rate to Women Self-Help Group (SHG). This loan scheme must be provided under the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM)-Aajeevika scheme during 2015-16.
2. The revised guidelines on interest subvention scheme under NRLM have been issued after approval from the Union Ministry of Rural Development. Under this loan scheme, an interest subvention on credit up to Rs 3 lakhs at 7% per annum will be provided. All women SHGs will be eligible for it. However, SHG availing capital subsidy under Swarnjayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana (SGSY) in their existing credit outstanding will not be eligible for benefit under this scheme.