Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
Daily Current Affairs- 3rd August 2016
1. 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities held in Islamabad
1. The seventh meeting of South Asian Association for Regional . Cooperation (SAARC) Immigration Authorities was held in Islamabad, Pakistan. Pakistan’s Director General Immigration and Passports Usman A. Bajwa was unanimously elected as Chairman had chaired the meeting.
2. It reviewed different areas to maximize the potential of visa . exemption scheme launched among the member countries in 1992. It also deliberated on development of security software for SAARC visa exemption scheme (SVES) and immigration matters. This software would help to transform the existing manual system of the scheme into an online visa application system.
2. BJP Parliamentary Board accepts resignation of Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel
1. BJP Parliamentary Board on 3 August 2016 accepted the resignation of Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel. She will meet State Governor OP Kohli to submit her resignation.
2. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari and BJP General Secretary Saroj Pandey have been appointed as the observers to oversee the election of new legislature party leader in the State.
3. Anandiben Patel offered to resign on 1 August 2016, ahead of the state assembly elections expected in 2017, citing her age. The term of the current assembly ends in January 2018.
3. China to carry out first human gene editing trial for lung cancer
1. A group of Chinese scientists will be performing the world’s first genetic editing trial on humans in August 2016. The trial will be done in an attempt to find a cure for lung cancer.
2. A team led by Dr. Lu You at Sichuan University’s West China Hospital in Chengdu received approval to carry out the trial from the hospital’s review board on 6 July 2016.The world’s first genetic editing trial on humans will be based on CRISPR–Cas9 technique.
4. Angela Ruggiero appointed Head of IOC Athletes’ Commission
1. American ice hockey Olympic champion Angela Ruggiero on 1 August 2016 was elected as the new chair of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)’s Athletes’ Commission.
2. IOC President Thomas Bach officially appointed Ruggiero during joint meeting between the IOC athletes’ commission and the IOC executive board.Ruggiero will be replacing Claudia Bokel.
5. West Bengal Cabinet cleared proposal to rename the state as “Bengal”
1. West Bengal Cabinet on 2 August 2016 cleared a proposal to rename the state as “Bengal” in English and “Bango” or “Bangla” in Bengali. The word “Bengal” has the state’s culture and heritage associated with it and so it has been decided to change it.
2. West Bengal Parliamentary Affairs Minister Partha Chatterjee said that a special session of the Assembly will be convened on 26 August to pass a resolution to this effect. Later, it will be sent to the Union Government for approval by the Parliament as changing of the name will require its approval.
6. Rajasthan becomes first state to approve sewage & waste water policy
1. Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to approve sewage and waste water policy. The first of its kind policy was approved by the State Cabinet meeting presided by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje in Jaipur.
2. Under this policy, all district headquarters, heritage cities, and cities in the state which have more than one lakh population will be included. Waste water treated under it will be used in irrigation and agricultural work. The requirement of next 30 years will be covered in this poilcy.