Dear Readers, we are providing Today's important current affairs of Competitive Exams specially for Bank and SSC.
Daily Current Affairs- 7th August 2016
1. 2nd National Handloom Day observed across the country
1. 2nd National Handloom Day was observed across the country with the main function being held at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. On this occasion, Sant Kabir Awards and National Handloom Awards were presented.
2. The Day was also celebrated at state level in all the states and Day was also celebrated in more than 200 handloom clusters.
The first National Handloom Day was inaugurated on 7 August 2015 at the Centenary Hall of Madras University in Chennai, Tamil Nadu by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, where he also unveiled 'India Handloom' brand.
2. PM launches Mission Bhagiratha, lays stone for NTPC, fertiliser projects
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Telangana government's ambitious Mission Bhagiratha and laid the foundation stone for the Rs 10,599-crore 1600 MW NTPC super thermal power plant to come up in Ramagundam.
1. 1200 MW thermal power project of Singareni Collieries Company Ltd developed in Adilabad district at an outlay of Rs 7,000 crore.
2. Mission Bhagiratha is a pet project of the Chief Minister, taken up at an outlay of Rs 42,000 crore. Apart from creating a water grid for supply drinking water to houses, it aims to rejuvenate more than 45,000 water tanks.
3. Tamilnadu CM gives cash awards to five sportspersons
1. Five sportspersons from Tamil Nadu, including a differently-abled woman who had won honours in international contests, have been given cash awards by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa which includes Jenitha Anto of Tiruchirappalli has presented with a cheque for Rs 25 lakh for winning an international chess tournament for the differently abled held in Serbia last month. Anto had won the tournament for the fourth time.
2. The other receiver of the cash awards are- C Ajith Kumar, R Naveen, L Samayasri, and S Priyadarshini. Jayalalithaa also gave away a total cash incentive of Rs 1.20 crore to four other sportspersons who had won medals in different events at the World School Athletics Championship in Turkey in July.
4. Kathakali dance troupe in Egypt for first time
A nine-member Kathakali dance troupe has performed first time in Egypt. The Kathakali dance troupe was a part the 14th Summer Festival organized by Bibliotheca Alexandrina. And as part of their tour, the Indian dance troupe will performe in different places including Port Said Cultural Palace, Ismailia Cultural Palace.
2. Kathakali is a complex art belongs to Kerala, which is combination of many different forms of art. It includes dance, drama, literature, music both vocal and instrumental, and plastic form of art, such as painting and sculpture.