Dear Readers, Practice geography quiz for SSC CGL and other exams.
Geography Quiz for SSC Exams
C) Jammu and Kashmir
D) Himachal Pradesh
2. Which of the following sets of cities is located on the reference longitude for Indian standard time?
A) Bangalore - Varanasi
B) Chennai - Varanasi
C) Kakinada - Pondicherry
D) Pondicherry - Varanasi
3. The neighouring country of India which has the smallest area is __________.
C) Sri Lanka
4. Rihand Valley Project is located in the state of _________.
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
5. Which of the following mountains are the oldest according to geological history?
B) Satpura Range
6.Which of the following statements regarding red soils of India is/are correct?
1. The colour of the soil is red due to ferric oxide content.
2. Red soils are rich in lime, humus and potash.
3. They are porous and have friable structure.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
1.1 and 3 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
7.Arrange the following oil refineries of India from west to east:
Select the correct answer using the code given below
8.Which one among the following creeks is not associated with the state of Gujarat?
9.Name the Continents that form a mirror.
1.Asia and Africa
2.North America and South America
3.Africa and South America
4.Europe and Asia
10.How many kilometres are represented by 1° latitude?