Directions (Q.1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Germany, France, UK, Italy, Japan, US, Canada and Russia are the members of G-8 committee sitting around a circular table facing the centre, but not necessarily in the same order. All the member countries have different cars at the venue. These cars are Porsche, McLaren, Hennessey Venom, Zenvo, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Maruti and Bugalti, but not necessarily in the same order.
The president of Germany is sitting third to the right of the president of France. The president whose car is Porsche is sitting second to the right of Japan’s President. The President who used Ferrari is sitting fourth to the right of the person coming in Hennessey Venom, which is owned by the Canadian President. The President of Italy is sitting opposite the President who is coming in Bugalti. The UK and Canadian Presidents are the neighbours of the Italian president. The President of Russia is sitting fifth to the left and third to the right of the Italian President.
There are two persons sitting between the US President and the Canadian President. The President coming in Lamborghini is sitting second to the left of the US President and the President coming in McLaren is sitting second to the right of the US president. The President of UK is coming in Zenvo. Russian President owns Ferrari. President of UK sits between the President of France and the President who owns Porsche.
1. The President of which country is coming in Porsche?
2. The President of which country is sitting to the right of the Italian President and the President of which country is sitting to the left of the President who is coming in Ferrari, respectively?
(a) Japan and Canada
(b) USA and Canada
(c) UK and Canada
(d) Japan and UK
(e) UK and France
3. Which president came in Zenvo?
(e) Can’t be determined
4. Which of the following pairs is correct?
(a) Russia – Zenvo
(b) France – Ferrari
(c) Italy – McLaren
(d) Japan – Porsche
(e) USA – Bugalti
5. How many presidents are sitting between the President of Canada and the President of US if we count in anticlockwise direction, starting from the Canadian President?
(e) Can’t be determined
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read the following information to answer the given questions:
Sunita, Sonu, Shubham, Shivam, Sneha, Seena, Sristi and Sakshi are seated in a straight line but not necessarily in the same order. Some of them are facing South while some are facing North.
(NOTE: Same direction means that if one person is facing north then the other also faces north and if one person is facing south then the other person also faces south. Opposite direction means that if one person is facing north then the other person faces south and vice versa.)
Sneha faces south. Only three people sit to the left of Sneha. Only two people sit between Sneha and Sonu. Seena sits third to the right of Sakshi. Sakshi is an immediate neighbour of neither Sneha nor Sonu. Sakshi does not sit at any of the extreme ends of the line.
Both the immediate neighbours of Shivam face north. Shivam is not an immediate neighbour of Sakshi. Only one person sits between Shivam and Sunita. Sunita faces the same direction as Sakshi. The immediate neighbours of Sonu face opposite directions (ie if one neighbour faces north then the other faces south and vice versa). Persons sitting at extreme ends face opposite directions. Shubham faces a direction opposite that of Shivam.
6. How many persons are seated between Sneha and Sunita?
(b) More than four
7. Which of the following pairs represents the persons seated at the two extreme ends of the line?
(a) Shubham, Sneha
(b) Sunita, Sristi
(c) Sunita, Seena
(d) Sonu, Shubham
(e) Shubham, Sneha
8. Which of the following is true about Sristi with respect to the given arrangement?
(a) Only two people sit between Sristi and Sonu.
(b) Only one person sits to the right of Sristi.
(c) None of the given options is true
(d) Seena is one of the immediate neighbours of Sristi.
(e) Shubham sits second to the right of Sristi.
9. Who among the following sits on the immediate left of Shubham?
10. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?