Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 27th September 2016.
|Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 27th September 2016|
1. 27 September: World Tourism Day
1. The World Tourism Day (WTD) is being observed annually on 27th September to raise awareness about the importance of tourism.
2. To foster awareness among the international community of the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political and economic value.
3. 2016 Theme: ‘Tourism for all – promoting universal accessibility’. It seeks to spread both the importance and immense benefits universal accessibility of tourism.
2. Sathiyan Gnanasekaran wins Belgium Open title of Table Tennis
1. Indian paddler Sathiyan Gnanasekaran has won the Belgium Open title of the table tennis in the men’s singles category. This was his first his first pro title. In the final match played at De Haan in Belgium, he defeated defeating local player Nuytinck Cedric 4-0 score in the final with 15-13, 11-6, 11-2, 17-15.
2. With this victory, he becomes only the second Indian table tennis player to win an ITTF event. Achanta Sharath Kamal was the first Indian table tennis player to win an ITTF event in 2012.
3. Google launches instant messaging mobile app Allo
1. Google launched its latest mobile chat application, Allo, along with Google Assistant that can be used in online conversations with friends.
2. The messaging app, which is available for Android and the iPhone, has similar features to most other messaging applications.
In Allo, messages are not encrypted end-to-end by default. However, the messages can be switched to an incognito mode to do so and set how long they exist before they are deleted.
4. Sachin, Amitabh in new Swachh Bharat campaign
1. The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched an ad campaign featuring Amitabh Bachchan and Sachin Tendulkar, for the Swachh Bharat Mission. Under this campaign, three ad films featuring the two brand ambassadors will be released.
2. Speaking at the launch, Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Rural Development, Drinking Water & Sanitation and Panchayati Raj, said that the Ministry has galvanised its IEC (Information Education Communication) and BCC (Behaviour Change Communication) mechanisms to make the advertisements increasingly people-centric.
3. He stressed that this was very essential because IEC/BCC are core interventions for behaviour change and citizen engagement.
4. The government is celebrating the Swachh Bharat Mission, from September 25- October 2.
5. ICICI Bank crosses 1 lakh registrations on its UPI app
1. India's largest private sector lender, ICICI Bank has crossed 1 lakh Virtual Payment Addresses (VPA) on Unified Payments Interface (UPI) within three weeks of its launch.
2. With this, customers of any bank who have created their VPA on 'Pockets' as well as ICICI Bank customers using 'iMobile' can soon pay using their smartphone at over 6,500 HPCL petrol pumps and more than 2,000 stores of ABFRL across the country. The latter's network includes brands like Louis Philippe, Peter England, Van Heusen, Allen Solly, Planet Fashion and Linen Club among others.