Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 24th September 2016.
|Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 24th September 2016|
1. India and Russia joint military exercise Indra 2016 begins
1. The eighth edition of joint military exercise ‘Indra-2016’ between India and Russia has begun in Russian city of Vladivostok. The main focus of this edition of bilateral military exercise is on Counter-Terrorism Operations in semi mountainous and jungle terrain under United Nations Mandate.
2. The eleven days bilateral military exercise seeks to achieve interoperability in joint operations. Troops from both sides would acquaint themselves with the respective approach to such counter-Terrorism operations.
2. Union Government to launch Mission Parivar Vikas for improved family planning services
1. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is going to launch Mission Parivar Vikas for improved family planning services in 145 High Focus districts in seven states. The objective of mission is to accelerate access to high quality family planning choices based on information, reliable services and supplies within a rights-based framework.
2. These districts are located in the seven high focus states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Assam. They are having the highest total fertility rates and constitute 44% of the country’s population.
3. PM approves constitution of two committees for birth centenary of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the constitution of two committees for the commemoration of the birth centenary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
2. Modi will head the 149 member National Committee while Home Minister Rajnath Singh will chair the 23 member Executive Committee.
3. Former Prime Ministers Atal Bihari Vajpayee and H.D. Deve Gowda, Union Ministers Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and Manohar Parrikar, former Deputy Prime Minister LK Advani and BJP President Amit Shah are the members of National Committee.
4. Apple quietly acquires Hyderabad based AI startup Tuplejump
1. Apple quietly acquired a little-known Hyderabad-based startup a few months ago for an undisclosed amount and while little is known about what Tuplejump does, the word is that this is part of the Cupertino-based giant's exploration into artificial intelligence.
2. Known in the trade as an acqui-hire, nearly all of Tuplejump's 16 employees are in the process of becoming Apple staffers. A back-of-the-envelope calculation by an expert put the valuation at about $20 million (Rs 133 crore).
3. Tuplejump is Apple's first acquisition in India. Including this, the iPhone-maker has bought three artificial intelligence companies this year, the others being Turi and Emotient.
5. Indian Air Force successfully test fires long range air-to-air MICA missile
1. Indian Air Force (IAF) has successfully fired recently acquired long range air-to-air MICA missile from Mirage-2000 Upgrade combat aircraft on a manoeuvring target.
2. During the test, the missile achieved a direct hit on a target which was much smaller than an actual aircraft and flying at a low altitude. 3. With this success IAF has become one of the few air forces in the world that have capability of launching such beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air missile.
6. Tamil film Visaranai selected as India’s official entry to Oscars 2017
1. The Tamil film “Visaranai” has been selected as the India’s official entry to Oscars 2017 (89th Academy Awards) in the Foreign Language Film category.
2. The film has been directed by Vetrimaran and is produced by actor Dhanush’s Wunderbar Films. It is based on M.Chandrakumar’s novel Lock Up.
7. Hindi and Urdu writer Reoti Saran Sharma passes away
1. Renowned Hindi and Urdu writer, playwright and television personality Reoti Saran Sharma passed away in New Delhi. He was 92. He was pioneer in radio plays in All India Radio (AIR).
2. For his contribution to theatre (dramatic literature and performance) he was conferred with Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2007.
8. World’s largest solar power plant commissioned at Kamudhi, Tamil Nadu
1. The world’s largest solar power plant with an installed capacity of 648MW was commissioned at Kamudhi in Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu. The plant was set up on an area of around 5,000 acres by Adani Group at a total cost of Rs 4,550 crore. It was connected to the grid through a sub-station.
2. The plant was set up the plant in eight months. For this purpose, Adani Group had sourced equipment and machinery from various parts of the world. The plant comprises 25 lakh solar modules, 3.8 lakh foundations, 27,000m of structure, 154 transformers, 576 inverters and 6,000km length of cables.