Daily Current Affairs for Banking, SSC- 3rd September 2016
1. President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov dies
1. Uzbekistan's President Islam Karimov passed away on 2 September 2016 at Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He was 78.
Karimov had dominated Uzbekistan, Central Asia's most populous nation, for more than 25 years.
2. Islam Karimov was the first President of Uzbekistan, in office from 1990 to 2016. He was born in Samarkand and was in and out of an orphanage from 1941 to 1945.
2. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao sworn in as acting Governor of Tamil Nadu
1. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao, Governor of Maharashtra, was sworn in as the acting Governor of Tamil Nadu on 2 September 2016 as the tenure of K. Rosaiah ended on 31 August 2016.
Rao was administered oath of office by the Madras High Court's Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul at the Raj Bhavan, Chennai.
2. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao is the present Governor of Maharashtra. He took oath as the Governor on 30 August 2014.
3. India, Vietnam sign 12 pacts, to boost IT, Defence ties
1. India and Vietnam today signed 12 agreements in a wide range of areas covering defence, IT, space, double taxation and sharing white shipping information, signalling a strong upward push in their strategic ties.
2. The agreements were signed by officials of the two sides in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
3. Vietnam has shown a keen interest in air and defense production. India's L&T will build offshore high speed patrol boats for Vietnamese Coast Guards, while an agreement was signed on programme of cooperation in UN peacekeeping matters.
4. Indian Navy and Vietnam Navy will cooperate in sharing of white shipping information.
5. The pacts included agreement on exploration and uses of outerspace for peaceful purposes, agreement on avoidance of double taxation, health cooperation, IT cooperation, cyber security and agreement on contract and design, building of boat in India, equipment supply and technology transfer.
4. Manohar Kamath to head Myntra Fashion Brands
1. Flipkart Group company Myntra on Friday announced the appointment of Manohar Kamath as head of Myntra Fashion Brands (MFB). A seasoned leader in the fashion and retail industry with over 25 years of experience, Manohar will take over from the current head of MFB, Abhishek Verma.
2. Manohar moves into his new role at Myntra from Shoppers Stop, where he was the COO and Director on the Board of Crossword Book Stores and Nuance (India).