Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 10th October 2016.
|Current Affairs& GK for Banking/SSC Exams|
1. Nobel prize in Economics 2016 awarded to Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom
1. Two economists Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom have won the 2016 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. Both of them will share 8 million kronor, or about $930,000. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has selected them for their contributions to contract theory which tells how contracts help people deal with conflicting interests.
2. Their individual theories on contract theory are valuable to the understanding of real-life contracts and institutions, as well as potential pitfalls in contract design. For example, contract theory can be used to analyze performance-based pay for CEOs or deductibles and co-pays for insurance.
2. Agnieszka Radwanska wins 2016 China Open Women's Singles
1. Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska won the 2016 China Open Women's Singles at the National Tennis Center in Beijing, China.
2. Radwanska defeated Johanna Konta 6-4, 6-2 to grab the title.
3. Luo Zhaohui appointed as China's Ambassador to India
1. Luo Zhaohui was appointed as China's Ambassador to India, in accordance with a decision of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, the top legislature of China.
2. His appointment was approved by Chinese President Xi Jinping. He succeeds former Chinese Ambassador to India Le Yucheng, who left the position in April 2016.
4. Andy Murray wins 2016 China Open Men's Singles
1. Andy Murray won the 2016 China Open Men's Singles title at the National Tennis Center in Beijing, China.
2. World Number two Murray defeated Grigor Dimitrov by 6–4, 7–6.
5. Russia vetoes UN resolution to stop bombing of Aleppo
1. Russia vetoed a UN Security Council draft resolution demanding an end to the bombing of Aleppo city in Syria.
2. The draft text proposed by France and Spain won 11 votes in favor, Russia and Venezuela voted against the resolution, while China and Angola abstained. It was the fifth time that Moscow used its veto to block the UN action to end the five year war in Syria.
6. Hubble Space Telescope detects Great Balls of Fire
1. NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope (HST) has detected Great Balls of Fire (GBF), a mysterious super-hot blobs of gas seen near a dying star.
2. The plasma gas balls were observed near a red giant called V Hydrae, about 1,200 light years away from Earth. Red giants are dying stars that are nearing the end of their fuel supplies and have begun to expand and puff up.
Renu Pall appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Austria
1. Former Indian Foreign Service officer Ms. Renu Pall has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Austria. ii. It was announced by Ministry of External