Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 3rd October 2016.
|Current Affairs& GK for Banking/SSC Exams|
1. Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded to Yoshinori Ohsumi
1. Yoshinori Ohsumi of Japan today won the Nobel Medicine Prize for his work on autophagy — a process whereby cells “eat themselves” — which when disrupted can cause Parkinson’s and diabetes, the jury said.
2. Rafale deal: Reliance, Dassault Aviation set up joint venture
1. Reliance Group has entered into a strategic partnership with Dassault Aviation of France to execute the largest defence offset contract worth up to Rs. 30,000 crore
2. Dassault Aviation recently won the contract for 36 Rafale fighter aircrafts from the Govt of India for Rs.60,000 crore with 50 per cent offset clause.
3. This is the largest offset contract to be executed by any defence company in India till date.
4. Dassault Aviation Chairman & CEO Eric Trappier and Reliance Group Chairman Anil Dhirubhai Ambani announced today the creation of a joint venture in India.
5. The new joint venture, “Dassault Reliance Aerospace”, will be a key player in the execution of offset obligations, as a part of the 36 Rafale fighter Jets purchase agreement at a value of €7.87 billion, or about Rs. 59,000 crore signed between France and India on September 23, 2016.
3. Corporate Affairs Ministry launches SPICe e-form
1. On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi, the Corporate Affairs Ministry has launched a Simplified Proforma for Incorporating a Company Electronically (SPICe) e-form.
2. The main objective of launching this e-format proforma SPICe is to provide speedy incorporation related services within stipulated timeframe, which are in line with international best practices
3. Existing INC-29 and INC-7 will be phased out and SPICe will be the sole, simplified and versatile form available for Incorporation of a company in India
4. S Sivakumar appointed as full-time member of 21st Law Commission of India
1. S. Sivakumar, professor at Indian Law Institute (ILI), in the last week of September 2016 was appointed as full-time member of the 21st Law Commission of India.
2. Earlier, Rajkot-based lawyer Abhay Bhardwaj, who had represented the accused in the 2002 Gulbarg Society Massacre case, had been selected as part-time member of the 21st Law Commission of India.
3. In March 2016, former Supreme Court judge Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan was appointed as the new Chairman of Law Commission of India.
4. Former Gujarat High Court judge Justice Ravi R Tripathi was also appointed as a member of the Commission.
5. World Habitat Day 2016 observed across the world
1. First Monday of October: World Habitat Day-The World Habitat Day was on 3 October 2016 observed across the world with the theme Housing at the Centre.
2. The 2016 World Habitat Day campaign aims to raise awareness about the need for affordable housing for all in urban areas, towns and cities.
6. Indian-origin Kiara Nirghin wins Google Science Fair prize 2016
1. Indian-origin South African girl Kiara Nirghin on 1 October 2016 won the Google Science Fair prize 2016. She won this grand prize of 50000 US dollars scholarship for using orange peel to develop a cheaper super-absorbent material that helps soil retain water.
2. Kiara Nirghin is a Grade 11 student at St Martin’s private school. She did a project titled No More Thirsty Crops which was aimed at tackling the severe drought plaguing South Africa. Her solution to the problem of drought uses orange and avocado fruit peel, which are normally discarded.