Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 8th October 2016.
|Current Affairs& GK for Banking/SSC Exams|
1. India-Pakistan border to be sealed completely by 2018
1. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh announced that India-Pakistan border will be completely sealed by December 2018. Announcement in this regard was made after Union Home Minister held meeting of representatives of 4 states sharing border with Pakistan in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
2. Central government has formulated time-bound action plan to completely seal the entire stretch of 3,323-km-long border between the two countries. The process of sealing border will be monitored at Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) level, Border Security Force (BSF) level and chief secretary of states level.
2. Election Commission partners Facebook to encourage voter registration
1. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has collaborated with social networking giant Facebook to register young voters in 5 states, which are going to polls in 2017. These five states are Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakh.The purpose first-of-its-kind voter registration drive is to encourage youth to participate in the democratic exercise.
2. The services of Facebook will be used to link all the eligible voters who are 18 years and above to the National Voters Services Portal (NVSP). Facebook users from these five states will receive a reminder in their Facebook account’s News Feed sector to register to vote.
3. India to host Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction
1. India will host the Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) from 3 November to 5 November 2016.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conference that will be held in New Delhi in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).
2. The Conference will focus on partnership with governments and stakeholders to imbibe the practices in the region’s development narrative.
3. It will be the first AMCDRR after the introduction of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRRR), adopted at the third UN World Conference in Sendai, Japan in March 2015. It will set the direction of Sendai Framework implementation in the region.
4. Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung dissolves Delhi Waqf Board
1. Lieutenant-Governor (L-G) Najeeb Jung on 7 October 2016 dissolved the Delhi Waqf Board.
2. Jung referred the Board’s constitution to a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe for alleged corruption and procedural irregularities in functioning.
3. The L-G declared the reconstitution of the Board and announced the appointment of its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and members as illegal and void ab initio.
4. In view of the deliberate and persistent acts of illegality, violation of rules, allegations of corruption, possibility of malafide, etc., the entire matter related to the Delhi Waqf Board is referred to the CBI for investigation.
5. 84th Air Force Day observed across India
1. The Air Force Day 2016 was on 8 October 2016 observed across India. This is the 84th celebration of the Day that began in 1932.
2. On this day, the most renowned aerobatics display teams, Red Arrows of the Royal Air Force (RAF), enthralled audience at Indian Air Force Day celebrations in New Delhi. They flew Hawk jets, which are single-engine advanced trainer aircraft.
6. Doordarshan, IGNOU sign agreement for telecast of Gyan Darshan channels
1. Doordarshan and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) have entered into an agreement for transmission of four Gyan Darshan educational channels.
2. Gyan Darshan ran successfully till June 2, 2014, but was shut down by ISRO to facilitate its migration from INSAT 3C to GSAT-10.